Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-06 05:53:27

kcarney

Cannot log in to publisher

I am stuck on two points:

First, when I log into ttg-be\admin, I get a blank web page.  There is no input for user name or password.  The path is testsite.kencarney.com/ttg-be/admin/.   In the publisher plugin for LR, when authenticating I get the message "Unable to perform action: checkAuth. No response was returned".  This is true with whatever permissions level I select (777, 775, 755 etc.).

Secondly, I have uploaded my gallery to http://testsite.kencarney.com/ttg-be/te … 0gallery/.  Using that url, I can see it in my browser.  But, when I go to my site (testsite.kencarney.com) and hit "galleries" I get a blank page.

If I can get past this roadblock I think I have it.  Thanks for any help!

Ken

#2 2014-12-06 06:17:16

Ben

Re: Cannot log in to publisher

Hi Ken,  do you know anything about Lexity?  I'm not at all familiar with it, but notice that all your ttg-be/admin page does is load a script from np.lexity.com.  If you're familiar with Lexity and intentionally enabled it, then I suggest disabling it for your site (or at least under any TTG related directory).  If you've never heard of it (like I hadn't), then I suggest raising this with your host's support.

#3 2014-12-06 06:18:08

rod barbee
Website

Hi Ken,

First thing, you need to contact your host and have them upgrade the version of PHP your site is running. TTG requires PHP version 5.2.6 or greater and your host is using version 4.3.11
http://testsite.kencarney.com/lib/autoindex/verify.php

This should make it so you can log in. If not, see the sticky post about ttg-be issues at the top of the Publisher, Pages, and Cart sections of the forum.

To your second issue, you probably won't see anything on the Galleries page until you update the PHP version. And even then, you'll need to publish an album to the galleries/ folder before it will show up on the Galleries index page. The Galleries page is an index of your galleries/albums and the gallery template you uploaded is what Publisher uses to create those albums.

And third, be sure to rename your gallery template to remove all spaces. files and folders on the web should contain only letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. No spaces or special characters.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2014-12-06 07:49:06

kcarney

Ben and Rod, thanks for your quick reply.  I've really been struggling with the TTG LR app.  Lexity appears to be a tracking script acquired by Yahoo (my web provider). 
http://support.americommerce.com/hc/com … -it-or-not

Yahoo support says that I need to contact Lexity to disable it.

I have upgraded PHP to 5.3.6.  Now I get a login screen, but neither the default TTG user/password or the phpMyAdmin user/password work.  I try to log in at testsite.kencarney.com/tgg-be/admin, get the login screen, then 404 not found and the web login in the browser changes to   http://testsite.kencarney.com/RCIA2014/ … /?a=login.  RCIA2014 is a folder in Yahoo containing all the TTG material.  Yahoo uses the material in that folder for the website, testsite.kencarney.com.

Thanks again.  I think I'm close.

Ken

#5 2014-12-06 08:11:24

rod barbee
Website

Yahoo hosting has not been kind to ttg users. Matt and Ben would know best, but from my memory of others' experience, it just doesn't work well with ttg. And if it's making new folders for you all by itself, then that should be a warning sign right there. Pages and the Cart, for instance, depend on the ttg-be folder being where it's expected to be.

If you're unable to log in to ttg-be, it could be that Yahoo hasn't enabled some things that should be enabled. You can ask them about those, see the ttg issues sticky post.

you may need to get new hosting. Many of us have been happy with Bluehost. Matt's got a link on the front page of the blog

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2014-12-07 02:42:26

kcarney

Misunderstanding on my part as to the web structure.  I was trying to install TTG in a sub-domain to see how it worked.  But to do that you have to create a new folder that Yahoo uses to build the sub-domain, so the TTG files are no longer in the root...Seems OK now.  Thx for your help.

#7 2015-03-17 06:36:19

piotrekspalek

Hello, i also have the same problem. I'm unable to log into www.piotrek.it/ttg-be/admin, I get a blank web page.  There is no input for user name or password. I've checked my php version and it's PHP 5.2.12.

What can i do? Even if i contact my host which is located in Italy and it's called ARUBA.IT, what should i tell them?

Last edited by piotrekspalek (2015-03-17 06:37:47)

#8 2015-03-17 07:00:11

rod barbee
Website

It looks like you're on a Windows IIS server, TTG requires Apache/Linux

Ben will have to take a look and advise if there's a work around

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-03-17 07:53:37

piotrekspalek

Thanks, i've just paid for changing from windows to linux. Hope it will work

Board footer