Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-09 15:14:29

jpvn

Metadata Display

OK... I got Galleries, Auto-Index and Publisher installed and working. I'm still learning fast!

I am struggling to get the Metadata to Display the way I want on the large images. I use Highslide Slideshow for the large image display and get it to show the metadata after publishing (it does not show in the preview in Lightroom!).

I have Publisher Setup like this:
Title: {Title}   ("Elephant and Calf")
Caption: {Caption} ("Taken on the banks of the Chobe River After they had a drink and bit of a splash-bath. The light was quite harsh, but that lent itself to a black and white and high-key conversion.")
Metadata 1: {CameraModel} with {Lens} ("Canon EOS 5D Mark III with EF500mm f/4L IS USM")
Metadata 2: {ShutterSpeed} at {Aperture} ("1/1000 sec at f/8.0")

On the web, it just throws all the information into a continuous line, making it very unreadable like:
"Elephant and Calf Taken on the banks of the Chobe River After they had a drink and bit of a splash-bath. The light was quite harsh, but that lent itself to a black and white and high-key conversion. Canon EOS 5D Mark III with EF500mm f/4L IS USM 1/1000 sec at f/8.0"

Is there a way I can make the metadata each to show on its own line? And to center it?

Ideally I would also like to show the title above the image, and the rest below, each on its own line.

Johannes

#2 2015-03-09 21:53:41

rod barbee
Website

Re: Metadata Display

I am struggling to get the Metadata to Display the way I want on the large images. I use Highslide Slideshow for the large image display and get it to show the metadata after publishing (it does not show in the preview in Lightroom!)

Make sure you've got the same settings in Image Info as you do in Output Settings > Publisher Setup

Is there a way I can make the metadata each to show on its own line? And to center it?

no for multiple lines

Ideally I would also like to show the title above the image, and the rest below, each on its own line.

A far as I know, in Highslide, the Title field always appears on top of the large images. The Caption field appears below

Metadata 1 and Metadata 2 only appear on the thumbnail images. So what you're seeing isn't normal. Can you provide a link to a gallery?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-03-09 22:14:31

jpvn

Rob, Thanks for the reply.

I've played around, made some changes and republished everything - now I see the Title above the large image and Caption below - and none of the equipment and exposure information.

Is there any way I can get the Metadata 1 and 2 to show on the large images? I don;t want any metadata to show on the thumbnails.

I am constantly working on my test site and it is changing very often - so it would not help to point you to it!

Johannes

#4 2015-03-09 22:20:28

rod barbee
Website

Is there any way I can get the Metadata 1 and 2 to show on the large images?

just append what you have in the caption field with the needed tokens
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ata_tokens

I don;t want any metadata to show on the thumbnails.

then just make those fields blank in Output Settings > Publisher Setup and uncheck them in Image Info

Rod

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-03-09 22:58:11

jpvn

Thanks again, Rob.

Duhhh about just adding tokens!!! It worked, but even though I have put the tokens on separate lines, they still show up as a continuous string underneath the image.

You can take a look at the test site (look at the first image in the Wildlife album to see the effect):
http://www.africabliss.com/MyWebGalleries/portfolio/

Johannes

#6 2015-03-09 23:27:22

rod barbee
Website

I think that the page structure only allows one line.

you can add a separator though, like a vertical bar or something |

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-03-09 23:54:05

jpvn

Yeah - it looks like it. I have added some separators and text to show them apart.

Thanks!!!

Johannes

Board footer