Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-18 04:28:11

jzphoto

Form at bottom of gallery

Using CRG3 I used to have my headshot clients fill out a form at the BOTTOM of their "contact sheets"

See sample here: http://www.jzphoto.com/clients/google_h … s/aralles/

Is there a way to do this with CRG4?

#2 2015-02-18 04:32:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: Form at bottom of gallery

when clients are done making their choices and adding feedback, they click on the envelope icon. Then the form pops up. This is where they can fill out their name and email address (for stand-alone galleries) and add any comments.
for publisher managed albums, it will just be a comments field since their name and email are already in the database.

Matt's got a demo here that you can try out: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/demos/ce4 … 1-ce4-crg/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-02-28 08:11:44

marvinmoore

I just installed CR G4 and I have the same complaint. The form should be visible at the bottom of the page. The tiny icon in the upper right hand corner of an envelope is not obvious at all. This is not user friendly. This is confusing for the user. I feel this is a very poor design. Can this be fixed??

#4 2015-02-28 08:22:54

rod barbee
Website

The tiny icon in the upper right hand corner of an envelope is not obvious at all.

that's what the legend is for. Make the envelope and sending instructions red if you want. Or just add a big bold reminder in the text of the gallery.

One issue is that of pagination. You don't want to have the form at the bottom of every page of a gallery and make your clients submit a form for each page. In the old CRG pagination was not possible because the form needed to be on the page. This meant that the gallery pages often had to be pretty large and clients were forced to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page.

I recall that pagination was one of the top requests for the CRG. And now Matt and Ben have provided it. Just train your clients to look up in that status bar. Or make a notice in the text using big red letters or something.
I really doubt Matt is going to redesign the CRG page and wrestle with a problem of either having the form on the page or no pagination.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-02-28 08:45:37

Ben

Something undocumented: The submission form can be launched by any control with the class "submit-large".  So you could add a prominent link to your Page Copy.  For example, this code adds a link named "Submit Feedback" in the page copy:

<a href="#" class="submit-large">Submit Feedback</a>

Similarly, for client-managed galleries, the following will provide an alternative logout link:

<a href="#" class="logout-large">Save and Logout</a>

#6 2015-02-28 16:18:43

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The situation is as Rod suggests. It doesn't make sense for us to put a form at the bottom of every page in a multi-page gallery, essentially encouraging the user to submit each page separately (which is actually impossible in Client Managed galleries, as the gallery locks after submission). Having the submission button in the toolbar means that it's always easily accessible when the client wants it, without erroneously suggesting that they submit at the bottom of every page.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#7 2015-03-01 02:21:13

marvinmoore

Thanks everyone for the info. I thought that was the case with multiple pages, i.e., not having the form on every page.  But is there a way to make the Feedback/Response button/symbol larger and more noticeable? More obvious to the first time user.  I'm not so good with coding variations in!
Thanks

#8 2015-03-01 02:24:50

marvinmoore

One more question.
Is it possible to make the Telephone Number on the Response Form NOT mandatory?

#9 2015-03-01 02:40:04

rod barbee
Website

sure. Just log into ttg-be and go to Client Response Admin. Click on Settings > Client Fields and edit the fields.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-03-02 08:25:38

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I suppose you could use custom CSS to change the button's color, to make it more visible. But I really think the better solution is probably just to include a legend or some instruction in the gallery text. You can make this a part of the template, if you're using Publisher, so that you won't have to retype it for each album. You can use the default legend, or trim it down a bit.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#11 2015-03-02 08:50:52

rod barbee
Website

And in the default legend you can easily make the symbol bigger or color it differently so your clients will see it. Then they'll know to look for it in the status bar.

To make it bigger, use the Font Awesome syntax found here: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Aweso … es/#larger
to change the color, just add a little inline styling. Here's an example of making the envelope in the legend both bigger and red:

<li><i class="fa-li fa fa-envelope fa-lg" style="color: red;"></i>Send selections and feedback to the photographer.</li>

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer