Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-18 10:56:22

kumakun
Website

publisher is not removing deleted albums or album sets from server

Also can't remover the album sets or albums with ftp either.....

http://www.fushigii.com/galleries.php

I am was working out the top level file/ album set structure and decided to change it. So I wanted to segregate things a little more from the beginning and I also added on the CRG so I wanted to add a top level "clients"

So I have things working the way I want however the old galleries based on the years 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 I deleted in LR but they "can't be removed from the service"

Bit confused as it used to delete things fine and I can seem to update things fine.

#2 2015-02-18 13:31:37

Ben

Re: publisher is not removing deleted albums or album sets from server

Hi, if you've changed the top level galleries directory in publisher then the back end won't be able to find them. If that's the case and you still have the albums set up in publisher then try changing the top level galleries directory back again and then attempt to delete them again.

#3 2015-02-18 14:05:29

kumakun
Website

Thanks for the reply,

I am not sure I follow exactly though.

I thought the "back end" and publisher were linked? Ahhh No I did not change anything about the directories

I deleted them directly from publisher but they did not delete from the server and "can't be removed from service" popped up. Now, I had been able to remove albums previously. Deleting album sets should be no different?

For some reason I could not move the albums over to the new album sets either, so that is why I wanted to delete them...

lrscreenshot.tiff

This is how I want the structure to appear.

Clients as a main top level album set
in that album set there are 2 more album sets
Client and Models

All of the album sets use the auto index template

then I can add albums with the CRG template

in the work with models album set

I have them arranged by years in album sets 2011 - 2014
then I have albums with the gallery template.

sitegrab.tiff

So I still have the 4 on here of the previous structure.... since I deleted them with the publisher service in LR I expected them to be deleted from the server. I did get the error message about not being able to remover them from the "service" but I don't know why.

Also where is that "space invader" / "custom" thumbnail located so I can put something else on the gallery cover image?

#4 2015-02-18 14:36:22

rod barbee
Website

above you say that you changed the top-level gallery to "clients". Was this in a Publisher instance that previously had the top-level gallery as "galleries"?

If you did, then what Ben is suggesting is to change it back to "galleries" and try deleting again.

In the future, can you post jpg images instead of tiffs?

As far as the space invader, once you have albums in an album set, go back and edit the album set. Click on Cover Image to choose an image from the drop-down. Or place an image in /galleries/custom-thumbnails/ folder and click on Cover Image. Those custom thumbs will appear at the top of the list.
OR
Upload thumbnails to each album set's "thumbnails" folder.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … album_sets

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-02-18 15:03:58

kumakun
Website

By using the direct admin web control panel

- I was able to reassign ownership of the folders on the server to me from apache
- then I could delete them using the direct admin file manager

Last edited by kumakun (2015-02-18 15:33:06)

Board footer