Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-27 20:36:02

DarylLynch

TTGMigrator.lua:86: attempt to concatenate a nil value

Hi Ben,
Enjoying the "great" weather in our wonderful city?

I have decided to move to CE4 with the release of CRG. I think I have developed all my pages, and templates, and set up BE, Publisher (without templates) and Cart, uploaded Pages,and next step was to transfer CE3 Published Albums to CE4.
In doing so I am getting an internal error "TTGMigrator.lua:86: attempt to concatenate a nil value".

www.daryllynchphotography.com hosted on BlueHost.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Daryl

#2 2015-01-27 21:01:50

Dieter_Kurth

Re: TTGMigrator.lua:86: attempt to concatenate a nil value

It look very simular to the Problem I had.
In my case I deleted all galleries which I had in the publisher folder. Then I created one by one again and after that it worked. But in my case I ran into the Problem that the Publisher dös not use the crg settings. Publisher always use the setting from the gallery.

#3 2015-01-27 21:04:36

Ben

Hi Daryl, it hasn't been much of a summer lately!  We headed up to Mildura for a week and had some decent summer weather.

That error shouldn't happen.  Looking at the code, I suspect it's caused by encountering a CE3 album that hasn't been created on the server.  A likely culprit is the Default Album which LR adds when a new Publisher instance is created.  Do you by chance still have that album in your CE3 instance?  If so, try deleting it and migrating again.  If you don't have that album, try also removing any albums in the CE3 instance that you know don't exist on the server.

I hope that helps.

#4 2015-01-27 23:57:31

DarylLynch

Hi Ben,

I didn't have a default album in CE3 Publisher, but do in the CE4 Publisher.

There was a directory that did originally have albums in it, in LR and on the server. I had previously deleted the albums from LR and all that was left on the server was a jpeg file.

I deleted the main album set on the server and in LR.

Then tried again to get the same error message. Any more suggestions?

Cheers,
Daryl

#5 2015-01-28 06:41:40

Ben

Hi Daryl, we have a couple of other things we can try.

I've sent you an updated plugin that should work around the problem.  Additional to my email, if the migration still fails (or if it 'succeeds' but misses many or all albums), the following steps may help provide information:

Within Lightroom:

1. Click File -> Plug-in-Extras -> Output Publisher Structure
2. Select your CE3 Publisher Instance
3. Click OK

This will display the structure on-screen, and to the ttg.log file.  It will be helpful to send through the ttg.log file after running those steps.  If you structure pushes the 'ok' button off-screen, the window can be dismissed by pressing enter.

Board footer