Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-26 17:31:50

godomac37

Is this scenario possible to set up with Auto Index?

autoindex-setup.png

I am thinking of creating an Auto Index (Clients) and create another Auto Index for every client (Auto Index Client A, B, C). The first Auto Index (Clients) shows all my clients. The client clicks on his Thumbnail and logs in with his username and password. Than the second Auto Index shows all the existing galleries, which the client can choose from.

I've tried to set up something like this yesterday, but the problem is, that Client galleries are not password protected anymore if someone types knows the direct link to the gallery.

Can I use Auto Index in that way or is this not possible to set up?
Hope everyone understands what I mean :-)

#2 2015-01-26 22:27:05

rod barbee
Website

Re: Is this scenario possible to set up with Auto Index?

Yes, you can use Autoindex this way.

Can you be more specific regarding the password problem?
Which gallery plug-in are you using?

It could be that you've logged into a gallery already. If that's so, then you wouldn't need to log in again during the same browser session.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-29 05:14:02

godomac37

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your help! I am still struggling with this.

You can have a look here:

http://www.leifhelm-eventfotografie.de/galerien/

There you find one protected album with no thumbnail. Click on that one and type in

Benutzername: FHVJ
Kennwort: Fotoshooting

Then the next auto index will show up. The gallery inside isn't protected anymore because if one client has different albums I just want to let him login one time.

If you click on the Thumbnail the gallery show up. But if you copy the link of the gallery into another Browser it will show up directly without asking for username/password.

http://www.leifhelm-eventfotografie.de/ … HVJ/test1/

Thanks for any tip once again!
Guido

#4 2015-01-29 06:04:23

rod barbee
Website

the login didn't work

galleries inside of password protected autoindexes are not protected from direct URL access. If you need that, you'll need to password protect the galleries themselves.

If you're using CE4 CRG and Publisher, you can set up one log-in for each client and give them the url yoursite.com/crg/ They'll sign in and see links to their albums.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-01-29 22:11:15

godomac37

Sorry, there was an "s" missing at the end of the password...

You can have a look here:
http://www.leifhelm-eventfotografie.de/galerien/
There you find one protected album with no thumbnail. Click on that one and type in
Benutzername: FHVJ
Kennwort: Fotoshootings

OK, so I have to set up one auto index for each client than? Is that what you mean?
No chance to see all "clients" on one auto index page?

Thanks, Guido

#6 2015-01-29 23:25:54

rod barbee
Website

no, you can have one autoindex and put all clients in it. It's just that your clients will need to log in to each of their galleries individually.

So from your gallerian index, the password protected autoindex (the one with no thumbnail) contains one uploaded client response gallery. You've required a password to access the index but no password to access the gallery.

If you have clients with several galleries, the only way to make it so your clients have only one screen to log in to is to have a individual protected autoindex for each client.

But as you've seen, unless you also protect the galleries within the autoindex, a direct URL to the galleries will require no password.

Also, if you put all clients inside one autoindex and you don't password protect each gallery, then all clients have access to all other client's galleries.

This applies if you are exporting and uploading all your CRGs

The way around all this is to use Publisher. Using Publisher you'll be able to create clients in the back end. Each client will have one log in.
You then direct each client to /yoursite.com/ttg-be/crg/ and they'll log in and be directed to a page with links to all their albums and only their albums. They'll never see the albums of other clients and direct URLs to individual albums will require log in.
Plus, using Publisher you'll unlock other capabilities of CRG.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer