Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-08 00:31:08

mjenich

Publisher suddenly not working

Here's some background first. At the beginning of each year I develop a new catalog. I do so to make my files more manageable. I did so this year i.e. 2015. I expected all the settings to transfer from the 2014 catalog to 2015. Most settings did transfer but the Publishing Services did not.  Yesterday I went back to the 2014 catalog, opened the Publishing Services tab and noticed that the TTG Plugin icon was there but it said it was missing. I went back today and all references to TTG were gone. So today I tried to reinstall it following the directions in "Install CE4 Publisher Lightroom Plugin".

On my site, I made sure that the TTG-BE file was still there and the Publisher folder and my first album (MartysTestGallery1207) were in the correct places. They were. I then set up a Publisher Instance and checked the authentication and it was successful. I went to save it and it indicated that is was not saved. I tried clicking on the SAVE button on the lower right. I also double clicked on the TTG icon and it gave me an option to save. Neither worked.  Of course, I can't get it to publish. Any ideas? One more thing.

I noticed that I have two files on my site entitled "MartysTestGallery1207" with slightly different names. Could that be the problem? I don't think so because nothing was changed in the TTG-BE Publisher Settings section. It was working before so if nothing was changed it should continue to work as before. But I thought I would mention it anyway. Thanks for your help.

#2 2015-01-08 08:56:57

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publisher suddenly not working

there's probably some conflict or another between the Publisher you set up for 2014 and the one for 2015. (Publishing is catalog specific--in other words, your 2014 catalog instance of Publisher won't know anything about your 2015 albums -- this might result in problems with Search... I just don't know)

Anyway, to speed up the process of getting help, be sure to post links to your site and any specific albums that have problem. Also be sure to set up ttg-be for guest access so Ben will have something to look at.
You may also need your Publisher logs
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-08 11:35:50

mjenich

Here's my site: http://www.martinjenichphotography.com/ I've enabled TTG Guest. the password is TTGBEN. I'm not having problems with any album but with publishing in general. I sent my logs to Ben in an e mail.

#4 2015-01-09 02:49:39

mjenich

Actually the e mail to Ben with the logs came back undelivered. Not sure how to get him the logs as there does not appear to be a way to attach a file to this message.

#5 2015-01-09 04:27:19

rod barbee
Website

did you send it to the email address on this page:
http://community.theturninggate.net/user/101/
You could also try sending him a PM

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-01-09 23:44:12

mjenich

Do I just cut and paste the entire log in the PM? or Is there a way to put it in a folder on my site. I so, I assume I could simply put a new folder on my site and upload the log file to it. Please advise.

#7 2015-01-10 00:02:06

rod barbee
Website

try sending Ben a PM and asking him what he prefers.
For what it's worth, an email I sent him yesterday didn't bounce back. You could try again.

You could put the text files on your site and post the link here in the forum.

And to the logs, those files can get huge (could be why they bounced?). You only really need the most recent activity. So you could copy and paste those portions into new text files.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2015-01-10 07:02:51

Ben

Hi, I'll try to look into this soon.. my time is limited at the moment as we're working full steam on completing the CE4 CRG gallery.  The email address to send to is available via the Email button under my picture ( ttgben AT somethingchanged DOT com)
If the log files are very large, then try zipping them, and as Rod suggested, just sending recent logs.

#9 2015-01-12 08:20:52

Ben

hi Marty, thanks for the log file.  It doesn't shed any light on the issue unfortunately.  Am I right that all of the issues you have are around the Publisher instance/s themselves not functioning correctly?  So the 2014 no longer functions, and the instance can't be found at all in the 2015 catalog? 
If you could elaborate further on the exact status of where your setup is then that would be great, especially if you can provide screenshots of what you're seeing, including any error messages.

Is there any album in particular that you have but aren't able to publish to?  If so, please provide the URL to the album.

#10 2015-01-13 00:49:48

mjenich

How do I send a screen shot? I have the screens ready to go but I don't know how to include them in a post?

#11 2015-01-13 00:51:19

rod barbee
Website

place the screen shot on line (on your own site)
In your message, click the image icon at the top of the "Write Message" box. It's the one next to the color wheel.
Paste the URL to your image in between the IMG tags that will appear when you click the image icon.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2015-01-13 05:16:00

mjenich

(FTP links Deleted by moderator)

I hope that worked.

You'll see in the screen shots that I get when I go to File>plug in manager>TTG, I get this screen. It says its installed and running. However, when I go to Publisher Services>TTG I get this screen where I can't save it. Rod asked me to provide information in my TTG-Be file. Note it is located in previous posts.

To be clear, the problem is not with a particular gallery. I can't get publisher to work at all.
Rod hypothesized that there may be a corruption somewhere. If that's the case, would it be easiest to simply delete the publisher file either on the website or the publisher plug in file on my computer, i.e.The file that is located in the C drive in the Web galleries. I've included a screen shot of what the folders look like in my 'Web Galleries" folder. Now that I look closely, isn't there supposed to be a file for publisher there? If so, that's no doubt the problem.

#13 2015-01-13 05:29:36

rod barbee
Website

We can't see the images. enter urls not ftp locations.
What I've done is create a folder named "screen-caps" and placed it in the root of my site (in the public_html) folder. That's where I place all my screen shots.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#14 2015-01-14 01:23:00

mjenich

Today is not my day. I updated the latest File Zilla. Now I can't connect. I went to the FZ forums and tried some suggested things but nothing was successful. Now for some reason I'm blocked out of the forums. Would it make sense to download a new file zilla and set up a new connection? Back to the original problem.

I have a folder on my site called screenshots_caps or something like that. I have the screen shots there. how do I get to the url? Is is as simple as typing it all out? If so, try http//:martinjenichphotography.com/public/html/screenshots_caps

#15 2015-01-14 02:36:58

mjenich

OK I'm back in File Zila as I found a work around. The folder on my site where the screen shots are is  : [img]martinjenichphotography.com/public_html_screen_caps2[/img].

Also, on your site I'm getting a new request for a password. I enter the password that I think is correct but it says the the "503...authentication failed" or something close to that. Is that anything that you can help with?

#16 2015-01-14 03:41:56

rod barbee
Website

Same thing happen with Filezilla. I just went back to the previous version.

if you have a folder name 'screenshot_caps' and you created it inside the public_html folder, the url to an image would be

http://www.martinjenichphotography.com/screenshot_caps/image-name.jpg

you don't need to include public_html in your URLs, that's the root of your site.

The reason you're getting a request for a password is that you posted an ftp link that requires a password (the password dialog box is referencing your site). Edit your post to delete that link. (or I can do it if you'd like)

EDIT: actually, I just went ahead and deleted those ftp links

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2015-01-14 08:21:19

mjenich

Saved_from_Published_Services2.jpg

Saved_from_Published_Mangager2.jpg

Webgalleries2.jpg

I hope that works.

How did you go back to the previous version of File Zilla?

Thanks for deleting the link.

#18 2015-01-14 08:31:25

rod barbee
Website

How did you go back to the previous version of File Zilla?

I had the installation file from the previous version in my Downloads folder.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2015-01-21 23:46:02

mjenich

I noticed there is a publisher update. Any chance that simply updating publisher will fix my problem. Is it worth a try or will it just make things worse?

#20 2015-01-22 00:14:20

rod barbee
Website

updating is always advised.

Going over this thread I'm not all that clear on what your problem was.
Take a look at Ben's response at #9 and see if you can better describe what's going on.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer