Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-10 05:18:22

CHRISMDAY

Switching PCs, can I restore my published gallery list on new PC

So I have a laptop and a desktop.  My main Lightroom machine has been the laptop for awhile and in Lightroom there is the list of published galleries I have easy access to if I might need them.  On the desktop I have setup publisher and it is working.  Is there a way to push the galleries that are on my server to sync up?

#2 2015-01-10 08:13:51

rod barbee
Website

Re: Switching PCs, can I restore my published gallery list on new PC

Publisher is catalog specific. Meaning that those albums published from the catalog on the laptop can't be managed by the catalog on the desktop.
You can use a plug-in called Lightroom Voyager that will allow you to transfer published collections from one catalog to another.

But if you're asking about syncing up exported galleries as opposed to published albums, then there's no way to do that. You'll simply have to delete those galleries and re-create them as albums.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-10 11:41:38

CHRISMDAY

Not really syncing that way.  I just wanted to be able to see the list of albums I have on my website.  In case I need to give them a link, change the passwords, remove photos, etc.

#4 2015-01-10 11:59:42

rod barbee
Website

I'm assuming you mean the Web Module then? Since, unless you're managing your navigation with phplugins, you'll need to effect any navigation link changes in the Web Module first.

Or are you using Publisher? If Publisher, use the Lightroom Voyager plug-in to move those published collections from the laptop catalog to your desktop catalog

If you mean in the Web Module, then you'll probably want to export the catalog from the laptop and import it into the catalog on the desktop machine. As far as I know, that's the only way to keep your collections intact.

Whether you're just exporting and uploading galleries or using Publisher to create Albums, you'll need to save your galleries, or the galleries you're using as Publisher templates,  as templates in the Web Module's Template Browser. Then copy those templates to the desktop machine.
The saved template location depends on your operating system.
See this: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … b_template

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer