Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-13 06:58:33

sdkikikins

JSON error when publishing??

Hi there,

I just installed CE4 Publisher, Gallery & Auto-Index.  When I try to publish my first collection, I get this error message: 

An internal error has occurred: JSON.lua:458: JSON.lua:197: can't parse JSON at char 1 of: Unable to load template: application/views/templates/template_home.php

I don't see the template_home.php file IN that path at all.  Can you please advise?  Thanks!

#2 2014-12-13 07:46:13

rod barbee
Website

Re: JSON error when publishing??

please provide a link to your site. also make sure that guest access is enabled in ttg-be. This will make it easier and quicker for when Ben gets a chance to look. Also see this:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-12-13 07:57:39

sdkikikins

Thanks Rod.  My main site is www.kimporterphotography.com, and I have the LR Publish Service set up to publish to /galleries as the top level galleries directory.  I have confirmed that guest access is enabled.

I have also sent my log files to Ben.  Thanks so much!

#4 2014-12-13 13:27:52

Ben

Are you trying to publish to the album called 'Default Album'? If so, remove it and create a new album to publish to.

#5 2014-12-13 20:00:47

Ben

An explanation on the above:

Publisher tries to add an album on the server if it's found not to exist at the time of publishing photos.  Since the Default Album wasn't setup through the usual Publisher 'Add Album' process, it doesn't have a slug.  The server detects this and attempts to throw an error.  Unfortunately, that part of the code tries to reference a file that doesn't exist and instead returns errors that aren't intended for human consumption.  This error handling has been fixed in my working code, so at least should provide a more meaningful message in the future.  Ideally we'd have the Default Album not exist, so that this problem couldn't arise, but that's something Lightroom creates on its own.

#6 2014-12-14 09:37:16

sdkikikins

Thanks for the additional information.  I deleted the default album set and created a new one.  However, I am unable to create an album in that folder.  I don't get an error message, it simply just does not happen.  Any thoughts?

#7 2014-12-14 10:12:44

rod barbee
Website

Publisher has a default album, not a default album set. Did you create a new album and are trying to put an album within it? (that won't work)

to create an album set in Publisher, right-click on Publisher and choose Create Album Set. You'll need to have uploaded an exported CE4 Autoindex to the ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ folder first so that you'll have a template to choose from in the Create Album Set dialog.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2014-12-15 08:03:46

sdkikikins

I exported one of the sample gallery templates and uploaded it to ttg-be/templates/gallery/my-template.lrtemplate  But, when I try to add an album or album set, there is no entry in the template dropbox section.  I tried the same with the auto index folder as well.  What am I missing?

#9 2014-12-15 10:04:44

rod barbee
Website

I exported one of the sample gallery templates and uploaded it to ttg-be/templates/gallery/my-template.lrtemplate

Publisher templates are not the same as .lrtemplate files. Do not upload those to the templates/gallery/ folder.

Export a gallery from Lightroom. Upload the entire exported gallery folder to the templates/gallery/ folder

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer