Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-04 02:47:12

thomasl

Publisher uses wrong setup?

I ran into a lot of trouble initially, since my web provider could not enable me sqlite, etc (would be nice to have a prerequisites document somewhere, so to read it before buying the package) . So I had no other choice that to look for a different web server.

I have changed this now. However, when in the library tab in LR5 and selected either of the two publisher selections, I see in the upper right area of the window, just before the "Publish" button links to 2 different sites.

Both are wrong and I do not know how to set these correctly. I was looking up the settings in the "Lightroom Publishing Manager" dialog box, and the API URL is set to the correct system (What stands API for in this context?). Testing the connection with "Check Authentication" went ok.

When hitting the "Publish" button just mentioned, I receive a large "Warning" box with an error message "An internal error has occurred: "JSON.lua:458 ...". So I am stuck with using publisher for the moment.

How can I make sure, I have the correct setting?
What does this error message mean?

Thanks for any help
Thomas

#2 2014-10-04 02:54:53

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publisher uses wrong setup?

Ben will likely need a link to your site.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-10-04 08:55:58

Ben

Re: Publisher uses wrong setup?

We provide the prerequisite for Apache and PHP version.  SQlite is a standard PHP module, provided with the version of PHP that we recommend.  Hosts that do not provide it have taken steps to *remove* support.  This is the first time I have heard of a host not providing SQLite support and refusing to do so.  Can you give us the name of the host so that we can inform other customers to avoid them?

I'm not sure which links you're referring to.  Can you provide a screenshot?

Errors like that can occur if the server returned something unexpected to Lightroom.  Can you email me the log files, as described in the last dot point here: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Board footer