Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-02 00:33:47

kishw

Help creating password protected galleries

Hi, I have managed to get something online now that works almost as I would like, however I want to add some password protected galleries but getting somewhat confused reading through the documentation and forum posts, could you please clarify the process required:

The passwords I believe are set in the CE4_Gallery Plugin ?
So far I understand this plugin defines a template that needs to be uploaded to server before publisher can use it ?
Would this mean that the Passwords are stored within the Template and as such every new gallery posted with same template would use same Passwords ?

do I need to create a separate Gallery template for each private gallery prior to publishing the gallery or is it possible to change the guest password credentials when setting up the publisher collection ?

My public galleries are already set and working and stored on my server under Galleries folder to keep things organised on my server I want private galleries to be stored in a different folder /private_galleries to do this do I need to create a separate instance of publisher in LR to publish private password protected galleries ?

To have a separate Menu item and Gallery page to select private galleries do I need to add it through CE4_pages and then do upload only the home page and new gallery page or all pages ?

Do I need to do any additional work with Autoindex before creating these private galleries ?

It would be helpful to have a simple step by step sequence outlining how to add private galleries to an existing site.....

TIA
Regards
Kishw
www.kishwphotos.co.uk

#2 2014-10-02 01:21:34

rod barbee
Website

Re: Help creating password protected galleries

If you're using Publisher, passwords are set during Album set up so you can have a different username and password for each album, even though they are created with the same template. You do need to create a password enabled template from cE4 Gallery first. the password you enter into the template doesn't matter.

to keep things organised on my server I want private galleries to be stored in a different folder /private_galleries to do this do I need to create a separate instance of publisher in LR to publish private password protected galleries ?
To have a separate Menu item and Gallery page to select private galleries do I need to add it through CE4_pages and then do upload only the home page and new gallery page or all pages ?

Do I need to do any additional work with Autoindex before creating these private galleries ?

It would be helpful to have a simple step by step sequence outlining how to add private galleries to an existing site.....

The easiest thing to do is to create a new Autoindex page to house your private galleries. You can put it on the same server level as ttg-be and then create a new Publisher instance to manage it.

To add the menu item you have a couple of choices:

Add the menu item to Pages, the new Private Galleries page, and any templates you've already created. This means adding the item, re-exporting, and re-uploading.

The other options is to us phplugins to manage your navigation. If you've already enabled phplugins globally (in Pages and all the templates you have) then you'll just need to add the menu item in the navigation code.
If you haven't enabled phplugins globally then you'll need to do that first, which will still entail exporting and uploading everything again, but at least it will be done and all your pages will be phplugins enabled.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer