Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-23 10:06:15

sonodonato

galleries not showing in mobile

I am using ce4 pages and gallery and my galleries are showing up fine on my desktop, but nothing is showing up on my ipad or phone. ie. no header, navigation or gallery. Everything seemed to be working fine until the latest update.

#2 2014-08-23 10:33:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: galleries not showing in mobile

Can't tell much without seeing it. Can you post a link?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-23 10:36:20

sonodonato

Hi Ron. Here's the link.
www.donaldspitzer.com
Thanks!
Donald

#4 2014-08-23 10:40:29

sonodonato

The Gilded Images and Furniture are linked directly to the galleries. The "Veriglo" navigation links to auto index. From there the Veriglo applications gallery doesn't show. The problem started when I tried to change to the iconic grid layout. I tried to revert to the standard grid layout, but same problem still.

Last edited by sonodonato (2014-08-23 10:42:50)

#5 2014-08-23 12:58:56

rod barbee
Website

The Veriglo Swatches gallery works fine on mobile but it looks like some corruption in the mobile.php file for the others. Is there a difference?
Have you tried deleting the whole thing and uploading again?

I'm not able to duplicate it in my tests with either the standard or iconic layout.
If you want to save a template of your settings and email it to me or just put it online and provide a link to it, I can try it out on my end and see if I notice anything. If you can provide a link to it then if Matt sees this he'll be able to look as well.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2014-08-23 13:38:16

sonodonato

I did try deleting and uploading everything including pages. The Veriglo Swatches gallery was not updated after the August 15th update. So I tried reinstalling the pre-update version of ce4 gallery, exported the furniture gallery and uploaded it again, and lo and behold, it works! So it seems there's a bug with the updated gallery? In the meantime, I'll just go ahead and reload the other galleries with the pre-update version. I uploaded the template I used, (the one that wasn't working) to www.donaldspitzer.com/gallery-ce4.lrtemplate  Thanks again for your help.
Donald

#7 2014-08-23 14:30:41

rod barbee
Website

I tried it out both with using Shared Resources (set in the template) and without using Shared Resources. It works either way:

using shared resources (which of course are the settings from my test site): ce4.barbeephoto.com/galleries/donald/

not using shared resources: http://ce4.barbeephoto.com/galleries/donald2/

This was using CE4 Gallery 6.0.5b release. Maybe try downloading and unzipping it again.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2014-08-23 23:05:51

sonodonato

Thanks Rod. I was using the 6.0.5 release, not 6.0.5b, which I just downloaded. I was reading in Mathew's blog that this release was designed to "restore functionality to non-publisher mobile galleries." It sounds like that may have been my problem.
Thanks again!
Donald

Board footer