Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-22 03:20:54

Pfredd

Album Sets and "Publish" button

In LR, when I select an album set inside a Publisher instance, the "Publish" button hilites, even when none of the albums in the set need publishing. If I click on it, something gets published (not sure what), and the button remains active afterwards.

I can check that none of the albums in the set need publishing by selecting each album in the set and the Publish button remains inactive.

I have tried this with "Push metadata without updating existing photos" checked and unchecked.

Is this normal?

#2 2014-08-22 03:51:12

rod barbee
Website

Re: Album Sets and "Publish" button

It looks to me that all it does is scan the albums within the set and publishes anything that's been marked for publishing or re-publishing

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-22 03:55:23

Pfredd

I was thinking that if none of the albums in an album set needed publishing, then the "Publish" button would not be active when you click on that album set.

#4 2014-08-22 04:21:53

rod barbee
Website

One would think so. Adobe apparently thinks differently wink

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-08-22 06:10:04

michilge
Website

Well, on my Win7 Computer LR respectively CE4 Publisher behaves exactly the way You expect.
But if I change the settings of my Publisher service concerning things like e.g. watermarking or file naming, I'm prompted whether I want all photos published with this service republished.
At least after I forced the photos in an album to be republished completely ,the "publish" Button gets greyed out.
LR will not notice if You edit an anlbum's or an album set's settings. If You change an album to enable maps or use another template or show another number of photos on one page or things like that, my "publish" button stays grey. To forcibly publish I must right-click the album name and choose "Jetzt veröffentlichen" which certainly be will be "Publish now" in english installations. Publishing changes that affect not the photos but just the album is very quick.

#6 2014-08-22 07:43:08

rod barbee
Website

That make sense. Every time I change that "Push Metadata" setting it asks me if I want to mark everything for republishing. I just say no and move on. Apparently Lightroom thinks I need to republish :>|

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-08-22 07:43:18)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer