Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-07 22:51:50

awjensen

Updating the publisher template broke my web site

I needed to change how my images were being displayed so I deleted my publisher template and uploaded a new one. I deleted my albums and then tried to create new ones. I can't create new albums because I can't specify a template on the 'create new album' screen.

Last edited by awjensen (2014-08-07 22:53:11)

#2 2014-08-07 23:02:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: Updating the publisher template broke my web site

Make sure the template you uploaded was a gallery template and not an autoindex template.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-08-08 00:51:35

fwillette

Don't need to upload new templates in ttg-be/templates?

br

Fredy

#4 2014-08-08 00:58:22

rod barbee
Website

so I deleted my publisher template and uploaded a new one

I assumed this meant you deleted the templates you uploaded to ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder. Was this not the case?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-08-08 11:54:39

awjensen

Yes I had deleted the template in tag-be/templates/gallery/. I reinstalls it he template paying more attention to the messages generated by FileZilla and - - voila - the thing works properly!

Now I have one last issue: how do I implement auto index  because I want to have albums within albums?  I have read the autoindex instructions and they are not clear - at least to me.

• Where does the autoindex template go?
    Where do the existing albums get moved to or do they get moved?
    Will the new albums use the settings from the publisher template or from the autoindex template?
    Do I remove the existing publisher template?
    How do I create a top level album? Or do I? Does it have any images in it?
    How do I create a bottom level album?

I have read as much as I could find about the autoindex and I still can't figure out how to implement Iwd

#6 2014-08-08 13:18:53

rod barbee
Website

you should review the Publisher documentation again. But to answer your questions:

Where does the autoindex template go?

in the /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ folder

Where do the existing albums get moved to or do they get moved?

no need to move them at all. If you create album sets, you can simply drag albums in to album sets from within Publisher

Will the new albums use the settings from the publisher template or from the autoindex template?

Albums take their settings from the CE4 Gallery template you created and uploaded to ttg-be/templates/gallery/
Albums can only use templates made from CE4 Gallery or CE4 Stage. Don't try to use a template created with autoindex for an album

Do I remove the existing publisher template?

Are you referring to a Gallery template used to publish Albums? Don't remove it unless you no longer need it and have created another Gallery template to replace it.

How do I create a top level album? Or do I? Does it have any images in it?

What do you mean by top level album? You need a top-level galleries folder for Publisher to publish to. this can either be an empty folder or an autoindex. It contains no images.

How do I create a bottom level album?

Not sure what you mean by bottom level album. Albums are simply created in Publisher. You can publish them to the top-level folder or an album set.

I have read as much as I could find about the autoindex and I still can't figure out how to implement Iwd

The autoindex is simply a page that will automatically index and display any TTG galleries (albums) that are within it. You can use it as an Album Set template for Publisher or you can use it as a stand-alone index page. The Galleries page of Pages is an Autoindex.
Many people use autoindex to create a "Clients" page where they put client galleries. I'm currently using an autoindex as the entry page to the Workshops section of my site. Others use it as page to house Stage video pages. It has many uses.

But if you're only using it in conjunction with Publisher, then export an autoindex and upload it to the appropriate template folder in ttg-be/templates/

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-08-08 13:20:29)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer