Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-24 03:37:45

iplanit

CE4 Publisher gallery problem

Updating from CE3 to CE4. Most changes I really like. Still learning. But my first big problem is when publishing a gallery via publisher my gallery shows up with a top layer of thumbnails sitting over  the bottom layer of thumbnails. The bottom layer being the design and layout for the template. The top layer is the same set of photos but smaller with no cell border. I went back and cleared the photos when designing the template and re-uploaded the new template. No change. Any help appreciated!
I was successful with CE3 in publishing album sets and albums.
Thanks!

#2 2014-07-24 04:11:38

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Publisher gallery problem

Do you have a link so somebody can take a look?

Last edited by rod barbee (2014-07-24 04:12:10)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-07-24 06:06:58

JimR
Website

Hard to understand the problem being described here without being able to also see it. So posting a link for us to view would be pretty much required.

That said it sounds vaguely similar to problems I've seen. Here's what might be happening.

You're exporting your new gallery template into a folder/directory that once contained the older template.

Different versions of TTG plug-ins create different files. Do not export the template into a folder with the contents of a previous export. This will give you a mix of old files with new files.

In other words, always export the gallery template into an empty folder.

--Jim

#4 2014-07-24 07:42:40

Ben

As well as what Jim said, it may help to republish the photos in the gallery.  If the thumbnail sizes don't match between the old and new templates, then the design may break like this.  Make sure that the 'push metadata' publisher option is *not* set before republishing.

#5 2014-07-24 21:44:40

iplanit

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have tried them all. In addition I tried totally deleting all and re-uploading templates and re-publishing galleries. Still the same problem. I have viewed with Google, IE and Safari, same problem all around. Site is jmacv.com. My links are autoindex. Goodies is the only one active. But there are 2 autoindex under that which lead to 1 gallery each. The galleries are where the problems are.

#6 2014-08-06 08:37:13

Ben

Are you still facing this issue?  A link to a gallery would be good.

Board footer