Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-25 01:17:40

chris.palmer

Authentication for Single Page

Posting this under Publisher as a best guess as to which module the problem lies in...

Using Publisher with a CE4 Gallery Template, the following sequence leads me to a problem:

• Create/publish an album in Publisher setting a guest password, and with a least one image. Make it in the top level of the hierarchy to keep away from current master/guest problem with album sets / autoindex (fix coming very soon)

• Access the gallery, and bring up the single page for an image

• Copy the URL for that single page

• Logout

• Enter the saved URL

I am now (correctly) presented with the login screen, but login attempts all fail - both for guest and master. Interestingly each time I enter correct guest or master credentials I gain an additional ttg_lock cookie. Right now I have 4 identical guest ones and 2 identical master ones. And yet if I navigate back through the home page I still have to login again.

Apart from this one case (and another due to the autoindex problem I think) all the access control is working well.

#2 2014-07-25 08:37:10

Ben

Re: Authentication for Single Page

Hi Chris,  thanks for the feedback on this.  I'll try to replicate the issue, and make a fix if I can.  If it's not confidential, can you message or email me the galleries and login so that I can at least try to see the issue on your site?

I'm not happy with the multiple cookies and hope to change the mechanism so that the locks are stored in a PHP session instead.

#3 2014-07-25 20:42:54

chris.palmer

Hi Ben

I've sent you the info by PM. Thanks for looking into it.

I've just upgraded to AutoIndex-701 to get around the master/guest confusion in 700. That particular problem is fixed, but it now reveals an additional twist to this current problem.

I have a top-level password-protected album set, containing non-protected galleries. It's fine until I click on the permalink of an image in any of the galleries. That brings up the login page again (presumably relating to the album set???) but it is not possible to login - same symptoms as the original problem in this post.

BTW, I only have one gallery template that I use for both protected and non-protected galleries. The template has password protection enabled (so the option is not grayed out in publisher) and I just select whether or not I want gallery-level protection when publishing. I presume that is the correct way to do it (rather than having separate gallery templates)?

Many thanks
Chris

#4 2014-08-06 05:20:46

chris.palmer

Fixed by the 5 Aug updates - many thanks
Chris

#5 2014-08-06 06:49:28

Ben

That's great.  It took a while to nut out the issue.

Board footer