Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-29 21:29:29

iplanit

Need guidance on best way to make the new CE4 versions updates.

I would appreciate guidance on the best practice of updating the new versions as they come for CE4. CE4 TTG-BE, Publisher, Gallery, Pages and Autoindex are currently installed. Templates installed as well. The latest updates prior to today, I just deleted all and re-installed, but as I have published several autoindex pages and galleries now, not sure that is the best way. I seem to remember Matthew mentioning it somewhere, but can't locate it now. Can I replace just by dragging the new files into the old via FTP? Or will that cause additional problems?
Thanks in advance!

#2 2014-07-29 22:44:29

rod barbee
Website

Re: Need guidance on best way to make the new CE4 versions updates.

Are you talking about installing the new versions in Lightroom or updating your site?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-07-29 23:10:35

iplanit

Rod, I guess it is both. I'll need to update the engines and plugins in lightroom (I am assuming). Can do that. Then updates to publisher, templates  and ttg-be on the server side as well? Or am I making this more complicated than it is?
Thanks!

#4 2014-07-29 23:17:53

rod barbee
Website

for installing in Lightroom, just install them as you initially did. To make it a bit quicker, I first delete them in the Lightroom/Web Galleries/ folder and then just paste the new ones in after I've extracted them from the zip file.

To update the Publisher templates you'll need to re-export them from Lightroom and re-upload them to the templates/ folders. That's true for any other types of pages you have. For Pages, export and upload again. But for Pages, you don't need to upload the exported galleries/ folder or the photos and thumbnails folders (unless you've added or changed any images in the filmstrip)

For TTG-BE, Matt mentioned in the blog that you'll only need to upload the ttg-be/framework/ folder

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer