Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-18 17:49:10

neilv

Create a new web site on a second computer

I am currently residing in a mining camp just south of no-where, of a night I have lots of free time. At home I have a large image collection & the plan has always been to create a web site using Turning Gate but at home there is never time, here I have plenty.
Is it possible to create the web site using dummy images on my note book then when I go home populate with the real images & upload to the internet. That way I can do the ground work here in my free time.
If this is possible where should I look for direction.
Thanks for any help

#2 2014-03-18 21:05:08

rod barbee
Website

Re: Create a new web site on a second computer

Sure. Just design things the way you want, create all the pages you need, and save them all in the Template Browser
http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … te_browser

Use this trick to design in one web engine and share the template settings with other engines:
http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … en_engines

When you get home, copy the user templates from one computer to the same location on the other computer, load up with images and push to the web

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-03-20 12:05:18

neilv

Thanks
Now I know it can be done I will read TTG "how to" notes then begin. Now for a dumb question. When you say web engine do you mean Safari or IE? & do I have to build to one sepcifically?
I would like to build completely off line then come home, transfer from the Windows notebook to the Big Mac? are we talking the same thing?

Neil

#4 2014-03-20 14:12:55

rod barbee
Website

web engines are things like TTG CE3 Pages or Gallery.
Safari and IE are web browsers

you can do all your design work off line and then transfer it to your desktop computer when you get home. If you want to be able to preview things first, you could install a virtual server like WAMP for your PC since you won't be able to use Lightroom's preview in browser feature to view Pages and indexes (that's because they output php files, not html files)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer