Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-09 15:52:50

nubirth

Typical workflow of lightroom and TTG

Hi, could someone please explain a typical workflow in SIMPLE terms, and allow me options to do gallery wide changes using publisher if needed.

The workflow I need to make smooth is as follows:

A) Upload images from a shoot into lightroom (assume I tag these up as needed with keywords and make adjustment at this point).

B) Organise these new pics into galleries (if I am looking to sell using fotomoto is Highslide my only choice for gallery?)

C) How to create my template so all shoots have a theme and what base settings can I ensure to save time?

D) Make this gallery work with fotomoto

E) Add this gallery to a normal wordpress install where would I export (from publisher?) and where to?

F) Be able to amend the gallery using publisher to change on the website.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2013-09-09 19:46:20

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Typical workflow of lightroom and TTG

Design your Web templates ahead of time, save them for later use in the Web module's Template Browser. Setup the publisher, upload your templates, etc. Once your publishing environment is setup online, you shouldn't need to revisit the Web module at all.

Unless, of course, you plan to customize gallery templates for each shoot. In which case, you should prepare a generic web template and save it. This should include a completed Site Info configuration, and whatever basic, common design aspects that will be constant for all galleries, so run through the Color Palette, Appearance and Output Settings panels as necessary. For example, setup Fotomoto support and save that config to your template so that you needn't revisit it.

Following a shoot:

1) Import images from shoot.

2) Rename files according to good file name convention.

3) Process images (Develop, etc.).

4) Create collections or Publish Services collections.

OPTIONAL 4B) If necessary, create, export and upload a new gallery template for the shoot to /publisher/templates/; otherwise, use your existing, all-purpose template(s) to publish your galleries.

5) Publish.

If you're trying to hook this all up with your WordPress site, then see this:
http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … _publisher

If not using our CE3 Theme for WordPress plugin, then just reference those portions of the tutorial which seem relevant to you.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2013-09-09 19:59:20

nubirth

Great stuff, I am new to TTG, Lightroom so with that many names and versions and some (dare I say) dubious terminology in lightroom, it's all a bit confusing. I think this may help me a lot so I can just ensure I am not missing a trick.

Why did I buy autoindex?...:)....reading around it seemed important, but less so now!....where would it fit in and what purpose in the above workflow.

Thanks,

#4 2013-09-09 20:47:23

Matthew
Administrator
Website

If can serve a variety of purposes, depending on how you set things up.

For example, in the tutorial above we use WordPress as the site base, the Auto Index to create a LR-managed galleries section, and CE3 Gallery to create the individual galleries themselves.

The Auto Index can be used with Publisher to create album sets (i.e. parent folders, in which the children are galleries).

It can be used together with CE3 Stage to create video galleries, before&after galleries, etc. It can be used to create links pages, such as the I've done with the CE3 Showcase.

It's extremely versatile and can be used for loads of things ...

Matt

#5 2013-09-09 21:20:31

nubirth

Thanks, I will get there, but it's no elevator pitch of a plugin that's for sure...:)

#6 2013-09-09 22:21:45

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Sure it is. The elevator pitch is this:

"Auto Index creates a table-of-contents for multiple image galleries."

It can just be used for a lot more than that if you want.

Matt

#7 2013-09-10 03:22:16

nubirth

Like it, think I need to get going and test a few things though to truly appreciate its value.

Board footer