Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-09 19:45:07

sara_sve_swe

Change the meta keywords and description

When I create a new album, I want to change the meta keywords and description.
But I can not find the pages so I can change them manually. ex: if I create an album called / galleries / football / Sweden / I walk through the browser, right-click and select view code, I see the meta keywords and description.
But I go through FTP and viewing / galleries / football / Sweden / index.php file and you'll see very different, there is no meta keywords and description. Where can I find these files so I can change the meta description and description manually?

#2 2013-07-09 22:46:55

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Change the meta keywords and description

Just don't bother. Search engines don't use them for anything at all. Though the description is filled using the Album Description field during gallery setup either in LR or Publisher.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2013-07-10 00:21:45

sara_sve_swe

Matthew -> There you have probably wrong, since I started using ttg have my position on certain keywords done so that I end up far back type page 10, before I started with ttg I lay on page 1. I want to SEO optimize my sites and need to know where I can find the respective page?

#4 2013-07-18 06:06:14

gregscott

I'm no seo expert, but I'm told that keywords are so spammy that Google is trending toward ignoring them. I am finding that working keywords into a description as sentences and so on works pretty well. (I'm also told that copying wikipedia text to your description has a negative impact.)

Last edited by gregscott (2013-07-18 06:07:19)

Board footer