Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-21 10:46:40

chbphoto

Help!! I just upgraded to BL2

I just upgraded to BL2.

I was able to get to the dashboard and installed everything -- but -- I cannot get to any of my pages.

As of now, I can't even get into chbphoto.com/backlight or chbphoto.com/backlight/installer.

I eliminated everything in my old Backlight 1 folder except the custom folder and the Data folder

I left the following folders (my top level galleries and Blog) at the top level of my site.

I copied the entire new backlight folder plus the index.php and .htaccess files to the top level of the site.

I noticed that there is an additional .htaccess inside the backlight folder inside the installer (total of 2 htaccess files) - is this correct?

I also noticed that there was a config.php file in the old backlight 1 folder. Should I have left it there?

Should I delete everything I've done (except the data and custom folders and start over?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I was just able to successfully log into the installer - but when I tried the install button, I got a blank screen.

Last edited by chbphoto (2019-06-21 10:50:41)

#2 2019-06-21 11:09:18

Ben

Re: Help!! I just upgraded to BL2

Something's broken with your setup, but with 500 errors there's nothing for me to go by.  Can you provide me with FTP access via Email so that I can look into this?

#3 2019-06-21 11:35:46

chbphoto

Thanks Ben for your response.

I added your email as a guest admin

user: guest
pw: guest

Also, I  deleted everything and reinstalled. -- I can get to the site but it's not recognizing any of my templates (they're all in the BL2 controls - but not in the site.

I'm not sure if I did this correctly - do I need to add a password for you?

Last edited by chbphoto (2019-06-21 11:42:44)

#4 2019-06-21 13:56:32

Ben

Hi Chuck, I'm trying to log into your Backlight admin, but guest / guest doesn't work. 
Can you provide me with a Backlight admin login?

#5 2019-06-23 02:58:26

chbphoto

Ben - thanks again for all your help - everything seems to be working now.

Board footer