Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-15 07:22:39

djrounds

Sporadic Publisher errors, broken search

I'm building a new Backlight 2 web site with a new provider and am having sporadic publishing problems.  The LR plugin often reports an error maybe 200 images into the download of a 600 image album.  Usually I can start up the process again or mark all the images for republish and try again.  Sometimes i need to delete the album through Backlight admin, then delete and recreate the album in LR and publish again.  Eventually I'm able to get the album loaded.  I've set my templates to display description and keywords.  I've verified that these items are correct compared to the values in LR.  I could live with this upload process but the real problem is that a search for the keywords known to be in the resulting images often returns no results. One album that has a single keyword sometimes shows up with results.

Any ideas on how to solve at least the search problem?

Thanks,
Dave

#2 2019-05-15 07:49:04

rod barbee
Website

Re: Sporadic Publisher errors, broken search

There's a setting in the Lightroom TTG Publisher settings: Delay API Requests by:
You might try enabling that and experiment with the delay time. That might stop the error

What is the error?

Can you post a link to your site and a few keywords that should produce search results?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-05-15 08:04:37

Ben

Who are you hosting with?

#4 2019-05-15 20:41:55

djrounds

rod barbee wrote:

There's a setting in the Lightroom TTG Publisher settings: Delay API Requests by:
You might try enabling that and experiment with the delay time. That might stop the error

What is the error?

Can you post a link to your site and a few keywords that should produce search results?

I am traveling this morning and will summarize the error messages later today.  There are error messages on both sides.  Images in this gallery have a good selection of keywords.  Some of which are:
hotel
transportation
temple
event
child

http://roundsimaging.com/galleries/nepa … -fairbank/

#5 2019-05-15 21:02:55

djrounds

Ben wrote:

The provider is knownhost.com.  I switched to them in early May.  Prior to that I was hosting with webhostface.com.  Before this move I had been testing for a few months with about 15 galleries containing about 5,000 annotated images.   I was very pleased with search accuracy and  performance.   During that time the Backlight installation was in a subdirectory. When I changed providers I installed Backlight 2 and treated it like a restore and adjusted URL's where needed.  So it seems like this should work.  I'm pretty sure the PHP version is ok.  Are there other dependencies I can check?

Thanks for you help.

#6 2019-05-16 19:33:05

djrounds

Ben wrote:

How can I determine if this is a problem with the hosting service before my 30 day refund period expires?  Are there any version requirements in supporting software that I can check.

At this point my site is very simple.  I've checked all the settings that seem relevant but no search joy.  Any ideas on how to proceed?

#7 2019-05-16 20:26:38

djrounds

rod barbee wrote:

What is the error?

In an attempt to take LR Publisher out of the mix, I created an album outside of LR and attempted to upload a few images to this album.  The upload failed with this message on each of the 4 images.  The images are jpeg's 8-12 MB each.

[16-May-2019 11:08:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /home/roundsim/public_html/backlight/modules/module-publisher/application/helpers/ImageResizer.php on line 139

#8 2019-05-16 21:18:55

rod barbee
Website

Sounds like it could be an upload limit. You can change that in the php.ini file if you have access to it. Otherwise, you can try asking your host’s technical support.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2019-05-16 22:36:03

djrounds

rod barbee wrote:

Sounds like it could be an upload limit. You can change that in the php.ini file if you have access to it. Otherwise, you can try asking your host’s technical support.

Thanks Ron, Yes i was able to relax the size restriction.  Now i have an album with 4 photos uploaded using the Backlight uploader.  The keywords are present and displayed but still can't be found by the search functionality.  Maybe some other PHP setting? it is version 7.2.17.  So now both albums uploaded using the LR plugin and Backlight seem to have complete metadata but the search fails.

#10 2019-05-17 07:06:46

rod barbee
Website

Ben will need to look into the search issues.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2019-05-17 20:21:15

djrounds

rod barbee wrote:

Ben will need to look into the search issues.

Thanks Rod,  I have CPanel access to the previous site for a few more days so I can poke around and compare PHP settings but I assume the searching must involve some DB indexing components. 

The thing is there was some limited success initially doing a search on keywords.  Should I post another more specific question or use the email address included in his previous post?

Thanks for you help.  I continue to be a long time happy customer.
Dave

#12 2019-05-17 21:08:39

rod barbee
Website

Can’t hurt to send Ben an email with Backlight admin and FTP credentials

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2019-05-18 07:11:25

Ben

Hi Dave, thanks for the access.  Please see my reply via email.  FYI, the reason I asked about your host was in case it rings any alarm bells from previous support cases.  I haven't come across your host before.

Board footer