Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-07 04:01:22

pkriner
Website

Cannot delete and add an album.

I had an issue with a Hack earlier and was able to get that taken care of by my Host, GoDaddy.  I was then unable to upload to a gallery.  They forgot to put my IP address in play.  They fixed it and now the uploads are working.  I went in to delete an album and add a new one.  I deleted all the photos first and then went to delete the album.  The album does not show in my albums list but it does show under galleries.  I tried to redelete the images from the album, i get a message that the content is not there even though I can see the images in the album.  When I try to delete the images it puts me back to the previous page showing the galleries.  When I try to delete the album, once again, it puts me back a page.  I uploaded a new gallery.  It shows in my FTP files but does not show up in the galleries section.  any help?

www.newdawnphotography.com

#2 2019-04-07 07:02:30

rod barbee
Website

Re: Cannot delete and add an album.

Hi Patrick,

how are you trying to delete the album?

The best way is to delete the album from Lightoom (assuming you're using Lightroom to create albums)

If that doesn't work, delete from Backlight.

In Backlight, click on Publisher. Click on Albums for the appropriate top level gallery.

Click on the name of the album you want to delete. Click Delete Album.

If that doesn't work, you may need to get into the database.
This was written in the CE4 days but the instruction still apply: https://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto … -database/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-04-08 01:49:24

pkriner
Website

Rod,

I guess I am making progress.  The album I deleted yesterday that was still there, is now gone.  I created a new album and everything uploaded as it should.  However, the new album does not show on the list when I look at the galleries section.  When I click on album List, there is the album.  It is in the menu listing for every page except galleries.  I'm not sure why this is doing this.   The album is Avian and is listed under the galleries tab on every page except the galleries page.  any thoughts on how to fix this?

www.newdawnphotography.com

P.

#4 2019-04-08 02:11:56

rod barbee
Website

It shows up for me.
I've found that when adding new albums or sets, they don't always appear right away on the menu for the Galleries page.
If I look in a different browser it will be there. I don't know why this happens.
Try looking in a different browser or completely close the browser you're using and then launch it again. You may need to clear browser and/or template cache as well.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer