Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-20 03:10:22

Andreas67

Client Response

Hello,

I think it's not possible to see which photos a client has choose, vote or comment without sending it via email?

Wouldn't this function be a good feature, that thje admin can see all this in the gallery? Until I buy Backlight 2 I use a client response service, where cleints can mark photos with different colors and when the admin open the gallery he can see all marks from the client, can filter the photos and export the names to Lightroom etc.

Greetings

Andreas

#2 2019-02-20 03:59:31

rod barbee
Website

Re: Client Response

Andreas67 wrote:

I think it's not possible to see which photos a client has choose, vote or comment without sending it via email?

you are correct.

After receiving the emails, you can copy the filenames into a Lightroom search (or whatever digital asset manager you are using) to see the images chosen.
Moreover, the email you receive contains links to the images.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-02-20 04:15:50

Andreas67

rod barbee wrote:

you are correct.

After receiving the emails, you can copy the filenames into a Lightroom search (or whatever digital asset manager you are using) to see the images chosen.

Thanks Rod. Yes, I know this way. I think the feature I describe make the client response gallery more flexible. You can than use the gallery to choose photos in a team etc.

#4 2019-02-20 04:52:09

rod barbee
Website

If the photographer uses the Client Managed option and in Client Response Settings sets Post-submissions action to “Do Nothing,” then the photographer can log into the album as the client to see what was chosen,

The feedback is also stored in the database and is accessible from the Backlight Client Response back-end. Perhaps Ben can add a CSV export, but to me it seems easier to copy and paste the comma separated file names from the email (or the same list you can access in Backlight) into Lightroom.
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … ge_selects

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2019-02-20 05:12:32

rod barbee
Website

Andreas67 wrote:
rod barbee wrote:

you are correct.

Thanks Rod. Yes, I know this way. I think the feature I describe make the client response gallery more flexible. You can than use the gallery to choose photos in a team etc.

From the client point of view, the current gallery can be used by a team to see what's already been picked.
It just requires creating the album as a Client Managed album and by giving everyone on the team the same login credentials.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2019-02-20 15:50:13

Matthew
Administrator
Website

A web view of the client's selections would be of minimal value, if any at all. Your DAM software is where you'll actually work with the images they've selected, and so that's the place to look at them. This is what makes the comma-separated file lists so valuable for each piece of feedback.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#7 2019-02-20 16:46:52

Andreas67

Matthew wrote:

A web view of the client's selections would be of minimal value, if any at all. Your DAM software is where you'll actually work with the images they've selected, and so that's the place to look at them. This is what makes the comma-separated file lists so valuable for each piece of feedback.

I like the option that all persons who have access with a password to a gallery can vote or mark photos. This is not instead of choosing pictures as photographer for Lightroom.

Client Response is already great, but maybe you take a look at Picdrop.de/web/en/, which is a popular service and I think a view features would useful in Client Response.

@rod
Thanks, I will test it.

Board footer