Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-29 04:27:04

Kubicixfactor

Question about seo page titles

Now I’m not sure if I’m missing something here, but is it possible to create a different page title for each page based on a single template? I can’t see how I assign a unique title to a page, it just looks like it defaults to whatever is entered into the template? I cover a range of photography and I’ve created a page for each area, eg events, corporate, products, food etc etc so if someone searches for one of the areas I cover I want the appropriate title to appear in the search results and I think google does that via the text that’s in the page title.

I’m in the process of upgrading from CE4 (I’ve got a couple of weeks to do it while things are quiet) and when I created separate pages for my CE4 site in lightroom I could put a different title on each page and quickly saw improvements in google search and ranking once I got a site map submitted, so I just need to work out how to do this in Backlight2. Can anyone help please?

#2 2019-01-29 04:40:12

rod barbee
Website

Re: Question about seo page titles

og:title is included in albums. And that includes pages with inserted albums.
So the workaround is to create an empty album with the page title you want. Hide it from the album set so it doesn't show up anywhere for your viewers. Then embed that empty album in a page.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-01-29 05:00:26

Kubicixfactor

Thanks Rod, so I already have an album assigned to each page - if I create an empty album do I need to do anything else to force the hidden album title to be recognised as the page title? I might be over thinking this of course ?

Last edited by Kubicixfactor (2019-01-29 05:01:11)

#4 2019-01-29 05:06:03

rod barbee
Website

You can only insert one album into a stand alone page. So the existing album is already supplying the page's og:title

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2019-01-29 05:53:44

Kubicixfactor

Oh ok, that’s hopefully straightforward enough then, thanks for the solution!

Board footer