Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-28 10:43:59

pmerts

after PHP upgrade, problem submitting CRG on password-protected album

I just upgraded php from 5.6 to 7.2, and am having the following problem. I'm running backlight 2, with all Pangolin templates.

I have a CRG album that is protected with a password: https://petermerts.com/galleries/40_cli … elections/   (password is "cba").

If I go to this album's thumbnail page, create feedback, fill out the submit form, and click the CRG "Submit" button, I receive the message "The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later." When I close that popup error message, I find myself back at the credentials screen for the CRG album; in other words, I was thrown out of the album. In fact, the feedback email does get sent--but the experience is ugly for the user, who is led to believe that the submission failed.

If I remove the password protection from this album, then the CRG submit function works fine--I receive the message "Your feedback has been submitted. Thank you for your feedback...". And, I remain on the album thumbnails page, and the email is actually sent.

I would appreciate any suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thanks, Peter

#2 2019-01-29 02:21:59

rod barbee
Website

Re: after PHP upgrade, problem submitting CRG on password-protected album

make sure you're using the latest version of Backlight and Client Response. You can check this by going to the Backlight Modules page from your Backlight dashboard.

You can also style updating the Backlight index files from the Special Links section of the Backlight dashboard.

Also try updating Album files (Special Links in dashboard).

If none of these work, I recommend sending Ben and email that includes a link to this post, Backlight admin credentials and FTP credentials.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer