Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-25 23:49:37

llot

Multiple Active Galleries

I have created a client gallery area with several pages.

My Gallery (specific to client Album)
Instructions (page, same for all)
Trouble Shooting (page, same for all)
Contact (page, same for all)
Search (page, same for all)

I create my galleries in LR. For each client gallery I have created a new template for their album & template for their page and a new menu where the My Gallery menu item directs them to their gallery. All are connected properly, but it seems that I may have to create a separate page for each of the above pages which would be the same for all, as well  (Instructions, Trouble Shooting, Contact & Search), as every time I visit the gallery and navigate from the My Gallery album and the other pages, and then back to My Gallery it shows the gallery linked in the menu where the Instructions, Trouble Shooting, Contact & Search pages are.

If this doesn't make sense, I guess I am asking if it is possible to create a client area where you have a gallery that would be specific to an album (client) as well as 3 or 4 pages that would always be the same, without having to recreate the pages every time you create a new client area for client.

I will have several galleries active at once.

Here is a link to what I have:   http://lisalphotography.com/BL2/galleries/csmaya/

#2 2019-01-26 01:16:29

rod barbee
Website

Re: Multiple Active Galleries

What you're asking for is what the Client Response add-on can do: go to a client's area (which initially requires a login). But the Cart cannot do that, and Cart does not integrate with Client Response.

Unless you want to create a page template and menu for each client (rather tedious, especially if you have many clients), the easiest thing to do is to include a link that simply goes back to client galleries page.

I thought that maybe a simple "go back to previous page" link would work, but it won't because your clients might go from Instructions to Trouble Shooting, for example. In this example, from the Troubleshooting page, clicking on a link that goes back to the previous page would just take them back to Instructions.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-01-26 01:44:42

rod barbee
Website

Here's an idea. Instead of linking to pages for Instructions and Trouble Shooting, why not create some pop up boxes?

http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … pup-boxes/

That would keep your clients in their albums

You can use buttons or text links in your album template so that each album will have the same links/buttons in the same place.
Should be easy enough to place the button at the top of the page under the masthead.

here's an example: http://backlight-2-100.barbeephoto.com/popup2/

As far as the existing menu, you've already got the quick search icon in the top pallet so you could take Search out of the menu.

Not sure what to do about Contact. I think you could just leave that there and remove the My Gallery link from the Contact page menu. You're visitors could simply use the browser's back button in that case.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#4 2019-01-26 05:21:30

llot

aww- I really wish the client response add on and the cart worked together sad

I used your idea though - I added the button for the troubleshooting and just added the instructions in the actual gallery. Search and contact where just nice to have, not really necessary smile Works well!
Thanks for your help!

#5 2019-01-26 09:22:47

Daniel Leu
Website

I'm a bit confused.... you always can have shared pages located at http://lisalphotography.com/BL2/name_of_shared_page, manage them with Backlight and have a menu inside your gallery pointing to them. There is no need to redo them when you are posting a new client gallery. But I guess I miss something sad

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#6 2019-01-26 09:31:09

rod barbee
Website

The issue was that Lisa wanted her clients to click on a menu link in those pages that would go back to their personal album. Using the same menu set for each album would then be impossible because the "My Gallery" link would by necessity have to go to the same place for all albums. She wanted them to be able to read the instructions and trouble shooting and go directly back into their album.

The pop-up boxes seemed a better solution than creating multiple page templates, each using a different menu set tailored to a single client. And it keep the client in their album.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2019-01-26 12:23:40

Daniel Leu
Website

rod barbee wrote:

The issue was that Lisa wanted her clients to click on a menu link in those pages that would go back to their personal album. Using the same menu set for each album would then be impossible because the "My Gallery" link would by necessity have to go to the same place for all albums. She wanted them to be able to read the instructions and trouble shooting and go directly back into their album.

The pop-up boxes seemed a better solution than creating multiple page templates, each using a different menu set tailored to a single client. And it keep the client in their album.

Ahh... didn't think of that! Pop-up boxes seem to be a nice approach. Specially they can be part of the template.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

#8 2019-01-26 22:23:20

llot

I ended up creating a blank menu and a blank menu page template for the Instructions and Help pages so people are forced to use the back button. Also added the back link in the content.
I really liked the pop up boxes, so I also included them on the gallery page so clients can quickly take a look with out leaving the gallery.

Here is what it looks like for anyone else looking to do something like this: http://lisalphotography.com/BL2/galleries/test/

Thanks again for your help!

#9 2019-01-26 22:40:26

rod barbee
Website

That looks really nice Lisa. Clean and professional.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2019-01-26 23:04:23

llot

thanks! smile

#11 2019-01-27 02:40:16

Daniel Leu
Website

This looks nice, Lisa.

There is one thing I would change: I would move the BACK option to the blank menu of the instruction and help pages. A benefit is that the user doesn't have to move the mouse.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com

Board footer