Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-25 01:39:55

charking
Website

Font Size in Descriptive Thumbnail Grid for an Album Set

The Backlight 2 font sizes, both album title and description, in the descriptive thumbnail grid are much smaller than in Backlight 1.

Backlight 2: http://charleskinghorn.com/bl2test/galleries/

Backlight 1: http://www.charleskinghorn.com/galleries/

#2 2019-01-25 02:12:22

rod barbee
Website

Re: Font Size in Descriptive Thumbnail Grid for an Album Set

They're actually the same size font. You're using different fonts for each site.
They both report at 14px for the title and 12px for the description using WhatFont

And the css shows the title at .857rem on both sites (14px) and both sites use 16px as the base font size.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-01-25 13:57:23

charking
Website

rod barbee wrote:

They're actually the same size font. You're using different fonts for each site.
They both report at 14px for the title and 12px for the description using WhatFont

And the css shows the title at .857rem on both sites (14px) and both sites use 16px as the base font size.

The 0.75rem and 0.857rem font sizings appear multiple times in the code and all relate to 16px. Not only does it affect the thumbnail text, but also the caption text and copyright text. Changing the font size in custom.css as I have done does not affect the base font size of 16px.

How can I change the base font size to a larger value to effectively increase the text size which is a fraction of this value?  And what are the ramifications of doing so?

Last edited by charking (2019-01-25 13:58:46)

#4 2019-01-25 14:06:41

rod barbee
Website

The base font size affects a lot of elements. You could take a look at the main css file to find them all. what it means is that if you change the base font size you’ll unintentionally affect a lot of other things.

You’re better off just addressing the title and descriptions in the album sets on their own.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2019-01-25 16:35:25

charking
Website

rod barbee wrote:

The base font size affects a lot of elements. You could take a look at the main css file to find them all. what it means is that if you change the base font size you’ll unintentionally affect a lot of other things.

You’re better off just addressing the title and descriptions in the album sets on their own.

Thanks, Rod. I think I've fixed all the font size issues as you suggested. One small problem remains: the caption is cutting off the bottom of my vertical photographs. I'll work on that later.

Board footer