Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-08 04:19:11

mjenich

Unusual Error message

I was following the You Tube video explaining the BL2 upgrading process. I got to the part where I updated my albums which was successful. I checked my website and got the following error message, "Something went wrong
Unable to find module with id standard-page. Make sure this module is installed under backlight/modules/. in EngineFactory.php on line 95".

Any ideas?

I FIGURED IT OUT. I HAD TO INSTALL SOME EXTRA FOLDERS.

Last edited by mjenich (2019-01-08 04:39:10)

#2 2019-01-08 04:43:03

rod barbee
Website

Re: Unusual Error message

With Backlight 2, you should go to the Backlight Modules page and install the Okapi modules. Is that what you did?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2019-01-08 05:47:57

mjenich

Yes. That's exactly what i did. I was able to download publisher from the same page and installed that too. Everything else is working with one exception. My contact page is not working. i"ve sent some test emails. it says they are sent. But they don't show up in my email.  I've done what I can to check the settings but couldn't see anything that might lend itself to not working. Ideas?

#4 2019-01-08 06:04:58

rod barbee
Website

check your spam folders.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2019-01-08 10:09:21

mjenich

That was it. I checked it but on the wrong e mail account. dah! ...Another question.

What is the name of the 3rd party software program that allows for settings from one catalog to be transferred to a new catalog. Will it work with Backlight 2?

#6 2019-01-08 10:32:42

rod barbee
Website

Lightroom Voyager, I believe. It works with Lightroom published collections and would have nothing to do with Backlight.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2019-01-12 03:57:35

mjenich

Voyager is what I'm looking forward. Thanks.

I'm reworking my website and want to delete some albums. Many of those originate in different catalogs. BTW-I make a new catalog every year and that practice would require me  to go back to each catalog to delete each album. I know I can delete albums in BL2 under the Designer>Publisher tabs. But BL2 suggests deleting albums through LR instead.
1. Is there a big problem deleting albums from BL2?
2. Is there any problem with deleting albums using my FTP software? I'm using Filezilla and it seems rather straight forward. Your thoughts!

#8 2019-01-12 04:07:53

Daniel Leu
Website

mjenich wrote:

1. Is there a big problem deleting albums from BL2?

This would mean that Lr and Backlight would not be in sync anymore. If possible, I would remove the albums from Lr. If you don't publish from a given year anymore and therefore don't care about the Lr Publisher state, you can delete the albums from Backlight.

mjenich wrote:

2. Is there any problem with deleting albums using my FTP software? I'm using Filezilla and it seems rather straight forward. Your thoughts!

Backlight 2 is database driven. So never delete albums with FTP, always use backlight/admin or lightroom to delete albums.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#9 2019-01-12 04:08:33

rod barbee
Website

1.) No problem deleting from BL2. Publisher in Lightroom will still think those albums are there though.

2.) If you delete with FTP then both Backlight and Lightroom would think the albums are still there.

So the best way is to delete from Lightroom. Next is Backlight. Last is FTP.

If you do delete by FTP, be sure to go in to Backlight and delete there as well.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2019-01-13 03:52:19

mjenich

Got it. I'll just delete in BL2 after I'm unsuccessful with deleting from LR. I'll leave FTP alone. Next question...

I want to publish a new album (using TTG Publisher in LR) and add images from multiple catalogs (for me that's years). I'm thinking I would have to export images from one catalog to the desktop, import them into the newest LR catalog then publish them from there. Is there a less complex way to accomplish this?

BTW-I recognize these latest questions have nothing to do with the original problem i.e. "an unusual error message". Should I start a new subject heading?

#11 2019-01-13 03:55:26

rod barbee
Website

New subjects for new questions is always the best way to go. It helps with searching and will also get your question more attention

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer