Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-17 07:51:50

Pete_N

How to add code for a custom form

Good [after] morning Backligh2ers,

I am in the process of learning about the BL2 Cart feature (with limited success, lol) but in the meantime, I need to allow one group of clients the ability to purchase product from me.

Before I purchased BL2, I was using a custom form provided by PayPal's form code generator.

I have created a dedicated page on my site in BL2 pages to allow the inclusion of this form.

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

#2 2018-11-17 07:59:12

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to add code for a custom form

You can try pasting the HTML directly into the page copy.

If the form requires any other code to be placed in the <head> tag, you can do that with phplugins. Let us know if you need help with that.

If it's more than just html that needs to be inserted, give us an idea of what the code looks like. You can include it here in the forum if you wish, just redact any sensitive info.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2018-11-17 08:36:51

Pete_N

Good [after] morning Rod,

Thanks kindly... That worked much more easily than I thought it would! A great quick-fix.

All I have to do now is work out how to put it in a second column... a 'pallet'?

Tried that with a new template - now I have menus on the left side, form hidden on the top right where the menu should be...UGH!

Still learning how all these different pallets, columns, headers and such work. My website looks like its on steroids!

Cheers!

Pete

#4 2018-11-17 09:21:54

rod barbee
Website

you can place it in a pallet if you wish. The pallet width is limited though and viewers on mobile devices will need to tap on the mobile menu icon to see the form.

If you need it to be in a column but always visible, you could place it in the TTG Responsive Grid. This is a great, but little known feature. You can learn more about it here, on my TTG tips site: http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … backlight/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2018-11-17 10:30:28

Pete_N

Rod,

Oooh!... That worked!... I just entered the code right into the 'Copy' area with some additional text to make up two columns and bingo!

Nice work!

Thanks for your assistance.
Thanks also to TTG for making it possible too!

Board footer