Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-02 10:05:32

bdfisher

Problem with Page Template

I have configured my site to place a graphic and navigation in the top pallet using a phplugin.

I have tried out several page templates and all had been working well - until I found that along the way I had included two menu entries for the "About" page. I revised the phplugin file to remove the duplicate menu entry but that did not eliminate the duplication in the online site.

I also prepared a new phplugin file with the correct menu structure but I encountered a different problem. The phplugin drop-down list in the Advanced Setup section of the page template no longer shows a list of php files in the custom/phplugins folder. But it still shows a drop-down list of the custom/CSS folder CSS files.

I suspected that I had corrupted data in the site's Backlight folder; therefore I backed up all of the site templates (by exporting the templates) and the contents of the custom folder and reinstalled Backlight on the site, I had deleted and replaced the online contents of Backlight with the contents of the zip file, but did not re-install the backed-up contents of the custom folder or the theater module.

Not only did that not solve the problem, but the website looks identical and it still displays the  theater (although the module was not re-installed) and the deleted contents of the phplugin and CSS folders have re-appeared. It seems that the site was backed up by Backlight, but not by me. (Protecting me from myself?)

My site is at http://fisherpix.ca/.

I would appreciate advice regarding how to fix these problems.

Regards,

Barry

#2 2018-09-02 15:01:12

rod barbee
Website

Re: Problem with Page Template

Is your hosting using any sort of caching? Is so, turn it off.

Also a question. Why are you using phplugins to replace the menu? Why not just use phplugins to replace the site title with your graphic logo and use Backlight to manage the menu?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer