Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-30 00:21:37

bpeder
Website

Yet another 500 internal Server Error

Hi

I had a Backlite site up and running for test purposes some weeks ago. However when I upgraded to version 1.11 the trouble started. I got the message 500 and 404 as seen below. I have deleted the whole site ans done a total reinstallation several times without any luck. Any ideas about what I´m doing wrong. I have checked the forum and tried to follow the advices given, without any luck.

Any ideas?

Bjarne

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at test2.tomba.no Port 80

#2 2016-12-30 10:21:09

Ben

Re: Yet another 500 internal Server Error

500s are usually generated from before Backlight has had a chance to run. Some culprits:
Permissions are too open on the data or galleries directories. In particular, 777 can cause errors on some hosts.
Invalid entries in .htaccess files. If you had edited these, check or undo your changes.
Errors in phplugins code. Check or undo.
Files that failed to upload during installation. Re-upload.

If none of that helps, I may be able to look into it if you can email me an ftp login via the Email link under my picture. I'm away at the moment so may not be able to look into it so quickly.

Board footer