Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-30 13:49:25

DarylLynch

Menu set question - two different options for masthead and tray menus

Hi,
I finally purchased Backlight the other day, and have been working through developing it in a test environment. I'm very impressed with how it is coming along and how quickly it is to see the results of changes made in settings.

I would like to have two menus operational though.

In the masthead, the traditional menu "default" of Home, Galleries, About, Contact, Search (with blog to come).

In a 2 column album set template and album template, not only would I like to retain the masthead menu as described above, but also in Tray 1 have a fly out menu that covers the variety of album sets and flies out with album titles.

I don't want to have the album sets at the top of the masthead.

Is this possible, and if so how? And please keep it simple and provide details if this goes into a "programming" solution.

Regards,
Daryl

#2 2016-10-30 20:20:57

markh
Website

Re: Menu set question - two different options for masthead and tray menus

Yes it's doable but only for desktop display. I don't think it will work on mobile. Just tried it on one of my active sites to be sure, but it just duplicates the menus in the header and in the tray. I don't see a way to make them different. In Backlight go to page template> design> navigation,header> display, On desktop. Then, under that: Navigation,Trays> display> always. To do what you want with fly outs in the tray but not in the header I think you'd have to get really creative with phpplugins, if it's even possible at all. Doesn't mean it can't be done, just means I don't know a way. Rod, on the other hand (he's secretly a wizard) might have some better ideas here.
Mark

#3 2016-10-30 20:29:48

rod barbee
Website

Sorry, I don't think dual menus is possible..
It would require creating two menus and somehow assigning one to the tray and the other to the masthead. There is no phplugin hook for tray navigation so I imagine it would require a change to Backlight itself.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2016-10-31 16:53:26

DarylLynch

Thanks for the confirmation. I expected that response. Hopefully, others think this may be a valid suggestion and it could be easily coded I expect.
At the moment all I have to do is make a decision on which menu option I prefer.

Board footer