Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-28 21:43:07

Phoentje

E-mail (Mail/SMTP) not working in backlight

Hi,

I can not seem to get the e-mail working. I have tried both settings. Mail and SMTP where Mail was the option I used in CE3 cart but then I could provide SMTP details. Now when I click mail all is greyed out? And when I use SMTP option I can fill all in but then it still does not work.

#2 2016-10-28 22:18:30

Ben

Re: E-mail (Mail/SMTP) not working in backlight

The SMTP settings are greyed out because they are not relevant to the 'mail' method.  'smtp' is often blocked by the host, so 'mail' is more likely to be reliable.
Who are you hosting with?

For 'mail' to work, the sender's address you have configured should be known to the host.  That at least means it should be from the domain you are sending from, for example if your site is at www.mydomain.com, an email address should look like something@mydomain.com.  Going further, try adding the email address as an email account in your site's control panel.  That way the host can be sure that it's sending emails from genuine users.

It's also worth checking your spam folder, and trying to send to different email addresses.

I hope that helps.

#3 2016-10-29 03:04:12

Phoentje

Re: E-mail (Mail/SMTP) not working in backlight

Hi Ben, seems to be working now on "MAIL" option. Can not get SMTP to work but that is allright.
The host I am on is www.one.com

I get incomming orders now. Though no thumbs are supplied

Board footer