Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-19 01:53:47

Pfredd

Changing top level galleries directory

A small issue:

I created a new Backlight publisher instance, and had it crate a new top level gallery directory, tester1. I then created an album in it and published it. It all worked as expected.

I then edited the publisher instance and changed the top galleries directory to tester2. When I saved the settings, Lightroom asked me if I wanted to republish all of the photos, and I said yes.

Now, there is still a tester1 directory, with the album in it. There is no tester2 directory.

However, if I create a new album, it IS created in the tester2 directory.

I can understand it if you don't want to support moving albums between top level directories. But if this is the case, publisher shouldn't let me change the top level directory, once it has been created and has albums/album sets in it.

#2 2016-09-19 03:59:31

rod barbee
Website

Re: Changing top level galleries directory

try assigning an album set template to the new top-level gallery

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-09-19 11:04:15

Ben

Re: Changing top level galleries directory

Pfredd wrote:

I can understand it if you don't want to support moving albums between top level directories. But if this is the case, publisher shouldn't let me change the top level directory, once it has been created and has albums/album sets in it.

There are some aspects of Publisher that we assume you know what you're doing.  Changing the path is one of them.

Board footer