Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-05 05:51:26

bcobb10b

Phasing Wordpress bundle implementation?

I have the CE4 Wordpress Bundle and am using it as you designed it with Wordpress but I also use Publisher to publish standalone galleries for Drupal based sites and hand coded (Dreamweaver) sites.  Is there a way to go ahead and get Backlight (and potentially + pages) and begin work on the standalone sites then phase in the Wordpress features when you release them.  The key is to do the phasing without losing my Wordpress bundle discount if possible.  I purchased CE4 (2014?) over a year ago so my discount won't be significant, but I'd like to take advantage of whatever discount is available to me by upgrading to the new bundle. As expected at this time my orders have no discount codes associated with them.

Congratulations on getting Backlight to market. I really look forward to using it.

Bill Cobb
Sandy Springs, GA

#2 2016-05-05 06:00:06

rod barbee
Website

Re: Phasing Wordpress bundle implementation?

You can use Backlight in stand-alone sites right now. Of course, the styling won't exactly match what you have but you may be able to come close, especially if you're versed in css.
Matt and Ben will have to answer definitively, but if the past in any indication, when the Backlight WordPress theme is available, it will be easily integrated with the rest of Backlight.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-05-05 06:04:22

bcobb10b

Thanks for the quick reply Rod. Bet you are busy today.

How will the Wordpress bundle discount work if I spring for Backlight + Pages now and then add the Wordpress tool later?

Bill

#4 2016-05-05 06:08:13

rod barbee
Website

Matt will have to address any pricing. My only affiliation with TTG is as a user (with too much time on my hands), forum moderator (because I'm an obsessive question answerer), and beta tester (because why not?).

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-05-05 10:41:20

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi Bill,

We can itemize the discount for what you have in the bundle -- for example, issue you a discount based on CE4 Gallery and Publisher -- that you can put towards Backlight. When we later release a Backlight-based WordPress theme, then you will receive a new discount just for that item. Please use the upgrade request form for file for your discount:
http://theturninggate.net/upgrade-from- … backlight/

Cheers,
Matt

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer