Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-22 02:43:31

dvdfan001

published galleries don`t reflect settings within the gallery plugin

In CE4 Gallery I exported a gallery, uploaded the content and it is working fine.
In case of using the publisher (using the template with exactly the same settings in CE4 Gallery) I do not get the same results:
Some settings done in the gallery plugin are not considered when using the publisher

1. appearance pane, pagination: smart fill functionality is neglected when using the publisher

2. output settings, password protection: settings for master and guest credentials are not used. Only the settings for guest credentials within the publisher is used. How can I login with an admin account using the publisher?

3. output settings, image renditions: settings for metadata (only copyright) is neglected. Using the publisher all images have all metadata. I know that in case of using the publisher the settings under output settings, image renditions are "overwritten" with the settings under output settings, publisher settings, image download. Is there no chance to create images only with the copyright metadata using the publisher?

#2 2015-10-22 04:53:02

rod barbee
Website

Re: published galleries don`t reflect settings within the gallery plugin

2. output settings, password protection: settings for master and guest credentials are not used. Only the settings for guest credentials within the publisher is used. How can I login with an admin account using the publisher?

When using Publisher, set the Master password in the Publisher Settings section of TTG-BE

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-10-22 05:03:20

rod barbee
Website

3. output settings, image renditions: settings for metadata (only copyright) is neglected. Using the publisher all images have all metadata. I know that in case of using the publisher the settings under output settings, image renditions are "overwritten" with the settings under output settings, publisher settings, image download. Is there no chance to create images only with the copyright metadata using the publisher?

Metadata options for Publisher uploaded images are set in Publisher setup under Metadata.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … r_instance

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#4 2015-10-22 05:19:30

rod barbee
Website

1. appearance pane, pagination: smart fill functionality is neglected when using the publisher

Matt or Ben will have to comment on the specifics, but since pagination in albums (number of images per page) is completely controlled by Publisher, this doesn't surprise me.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-10-22 05:58:09

Ben

dvdfan001 wrote:

1. appearance pane, pagination: smart fill functionality is neglected when using the publisher?

Pagination in Published galleries requires support in the template generated by the Gallery web module, and to be enabled in the album settings of Publisher.  Can you provide a link to a gallery that should have pagination but doesn't?

#6 2015-10-22 06:22:33

rod barbee
Website

Ben, I think he's just referring to the "smart fill" feature.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-10-24 23:57:31

dvdfan001

One further issue in case of using the publisher:
In the gallery plugin, appearance pane, large image presentation I use the presentation type magnetic popup.
For the first/last image navigation I use the option: jumps to the next/previous page.

Exported galleries work fine. In case us using the publisher this setting is neglected. I remain on the page, no jump to the next page. Only workaround is to set the numbers per page high enough in the publisher to prevent showing pictures on the next page.
But this take more time to load the page.

Any suggestion?

Board footer