Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-13 22:28:38

netisfred

Link html code in Metadata Image within lightroom, publisher, gallerie

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a solution for a "little" problem ;

For print and selling purpose, I have to insert a link to an image, published with Publisher, in a gallery.
The link will appear below the thumbnail, same way as the title of the image.

The html code for each image is almost the same, except an "id".

For example the link :
<a class="wl-photo-order" rel="nofollow" href="http://TheSite.fr/app_dev.php/order/items/new/0123456789">Purchase</a>

The changing part of the code for each image is "0123456789"

I tried to simply paste the entire link in myImage Metadata, for exemple in the CopyrightUrl metadata.
Specified in the TTG gallery's template to use the Metadata1 with the "CopyrightUrl" and show it.

Published the gallery's template, and publish the Image with it.

It almost worked. On the website, the link is below the image , but it can't work because all the "quotes" have been replaced in the source code by the html number of a quote : &#34;

I tried with php code to force the "string" to be used like it is, with the quotes, (using echo, backslash etc...) but no success.
Also tried to only insert the html link, doesn't work.

So I am looking for a solution for this. Use the quotes in the entire link as "" and not &#34 ; Setting this in the metadata of the picture and the template. 

I have seen that we can use custom tokens and also LUA, to make some little "code". Maybe the solution would be using this ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

#2 2015-10-14 02:27:08

Daniel Leu
Website

Re: Link html code in Metadata Image within lightroom, publisher, gallerie

There is always the CE4 Cart component....

In order to use your third-party service provider, I would just have the image specific code in Metadata1 and then modify the gallery php file to use that metadata to build the target link. Obviously this change would be lost with each CE4 Gallery update!

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#3 2015-10-14 02:42:35

netisfred

It is pretty much what I have finally done at this moment.. If I keep this, the workflow will be like that :
. Import New Image in lightroom
. Paste the code in Url copyright
. switch to web module / Gallery with the complete folder with the new image and oldest ones.
. Lightroom Export a Html version of the gallery.
. Edit in index.html, search the "&#34;" and replace with "
. I have also to insert a block of code in the HEAD. (I was not speaking about this problem yet smile...) 
And upload all the folder to FTP. 

Each time I have a new Image. hmm

If I don't do like this and edit the code completely manually each time, when I will have 80 images to re-upload, it will be a little heavy to do...

You are also talking about CE4 cart. Yes I was thinking about it. Maybe with the options of this module, I would be able to paste somewhere the head Code I have, and link for each image the 2nd code. But I'm not sure at all if it can be done in this module ?

Otherwise, what was your idea about Cart ?

smile thank you for your reply !

Last edited by netisfred (2015-10-14 02:43:25)

#4 2015-10-14 03:10:06

Daniel Leu
Website

You put this question in the Publisher forum. So I assumed that you would use Publisher to put publish a new image. But this doesn't seem to be the case and my approach would not work.

CE4 Cart is the shopping cart system for TTG galleries. And no, you could not use your code with that.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#5 2015-10-14 17:12:09

netisfred

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
Yes I put the question on publisher forum because if I have found a solution to put these codes on templates, I would have preferred to use Publisher to upload images with their third-party link.
I would really like to keep the Printing studio I choose and use these codes to manage the service and images.

So it's why at this moment the workflow look like the one I've described before. It's not great at all like this, but it is the only way I found ..

And for CE4 cart, it would have been great to use it, but if I can't use the html codes.. too bad..

Board footer