Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-12 03:29:26

dvdfan001

further instances of publisher

In the documentation I found:
A single instance of CE4 Publisher can publish only to a single target. You may create additional instances to publish to additional targets.

I set up a 2nd instance in LR.
I specified a different top levels galleries directory. A new created album is now stored under this location.
My question: where do I have to specify, that the albums stored in that new location should e.g not be shown on the gallery page but instead on the info page? Where do I set up the additional targets?

Thanks in advance for your feedback

#2 2015-10-12 04:19:51

rod barbee
Website

Re: further instances of publisher

If you're wanting to control the Info page of Pages, you need to do that with the Publisher instance that's targeted at your galleries/ folder.
You can only control one of the pages created by Pages with Publisher though.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-10-12 05:00:38

dvdfan001

OK.
And what is the benefit of using multiple instances of the publisher?
How are they "linked" to additional targets?

#4 2015-10-12 05:03:44

rod barbee
Website

you could target an autoindex folder as a second instance of publisher. For instance, you wanted an autoindex of Stage panoramas. You could set up a second instance of Publisher to control that.
Other people have set up an autoindex named "videos" to contain Stage based video pages. They set up an instance of Publisher to control that.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-10-12 06:07:47

dvdfan001

rod barbee wrote:

you could target an autoindex folder as a second instance of publisher

To be honest: I do not know how to do this. Kindly ask you for a more detailed instruction

rod barbee wrote:

Other people have set up an autoindex named "videos" to contain Stage based video pages. They set up an instance of Publisher to control that.

That is exactly what I`m locking for.

I exported an auto index called "video". To which location do I have to upload this content?
I created a folder "video" on root level and uploaded it to this location
In the 2nd publisher instance I specified the top level galleries directory as "video"

I do not know how to proceed :-(

#6 2015-10-12 08:12:30

rod barbee
Website

Basically just like you created your first instance of Publisher:

Right Click on your existing instance of CE4 Publisher and click on Create Another Publish Service...

Set up the new instance exactly like your currant instance, only instead of using "galleries" as the target folder, write in the the name of your new autoindex folder
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … r_instance

I exported an auto index called "video". To which location do I have to upload this content?

most people put it in the root of the site. The url to it would then be yoursite.com/video/

I created a folder "video" on root level and uploaded it to this location
In the 2nd publisher instance I specified the top level galleries directory as "video"

usually you can just export and upload the entire exported folder named 'video' to the root. If you already created this folder, then only upload the contents of the exported 'video' autoindex, not the entire folder.

I do not know how to proceed :-(

Create a template for your Stage video pages and start publishing.
You will have to manually upload your videos, just like if you were just exporting and uploading individual galleries. This is because Lightroom can't export video.
For more video and publisher, see the videos sections of the Stage documentation

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-10-12 15:16:43

dvdfan001

Ok,
The new Autoindex Template ist stored under mysite.de/video.
2nd publisher instance is in place as you described.
These steps have already been done in the correct way yesterday.

I created a new album (using a stage template) under the 2nd publisher instance.
This new album I can now also find under mysite.de/video.

Where do I have to make use of the autoindex created at the beginning?
How can I access the created album via my menü structure?

#8 2015-10-12 21:44:13

rod barbee
Website

Where do I have to make use of the autoindex created at the beginning?

I'm not sure what you're referring to. At the beginning of what?

To access the new Video index via the menu structure, add a Video item to the menu structure in the Site info > Navigation Hyperlinks section.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … hyperlinks

Unless you're already using phplugins to manage your navigation you'll need to do this in Pages, all your Gallery, Stage, and Autoindex templates. Export and upload again (just the index.php and any mobile.php files).

If you are using phplugins to manage your nav menu, add the item to the code in your phplugins.php file. If you're not, then since you'll have to export and upload everything again, now would be an excellent time to implement it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-10-13 05:55:16

dvdfan001

we have a misunderstanding, I try to explain it in other words:
standard behavior: in pages the autoindex is set up to show the albums created via publisher on the galleries page (menu tab "galleries"). The autoindex can only link to one target
This works fine regardless of creating the gallery via publisher - using the gallery templates - or exporting the galleries from LR and copying them manually to the galleries folder.

Additionally to these galleries on the galleries tab I want to have further galleries e.g. stage based video galleries on another tab in the website menu structure.
I added the video item to the menu structure in the site info-navigation-hyperlinks section. Therefore I use the service section, rename it to video and link it to /services/. In case of exporting a stage gallery with the name "services" and copying this folder manually to the root level this gallery works fine and can be accessed via video tab in the menu structure.
I neither know how to put more than one stage gallerie on this video tab nor I know how to populate this video tab via publisher created galleries.

To achieve this I have to set up a 2nd instance of the publisher, correct?
How to set up a further autoindex called video to manage the stage based video galleries?

I want to realize the same as you can find at
http://terrywhitephotography.com -tabs galleries AND video

would be helpful if you can provide a step by step instruction. Thx in advance

Last edited by dvdfan001 (2015-10-13 05:58:40)

#10 2015-10-13 09:01:24

rod barbee
Website

Terry's video page is an Autoindex. He's using Publisher, targeted to his 'videos' folder to publish the Stage pages.

Step by step

• Design and export an Autoindes. Name it 'video'.

• Upload the entire exported folder to the root of your site.

• Set up a new instance of Publisher and target 'video'

• Upload a Stage export configured for video to /ttg-be/templates/gallery/

• Publish your Stage Video pages.

You will need to manually upload the video. Look in the video section of the Stage documentation for instructions.

I added the video item to the menu structure in the site info-navigation-hyperlinks section. Therefore I use the service section, rename it to video and link it to /services/. In case of exporting a stage gallery with the name "services" and copying this folder manually to the root level this gallery works fine and can be accessed via video tab in the menu structure.

Instead of /services/ make the hyperlink /video/  (or whatever you've named the autoindex you exported and uploaded for this purpose)

There is no need to copy an exported stage folder to the root for this purpose. Get rid of it.

for more on adding an extra index page to your site: http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … enu-items/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2015-10-22 02:18:38

dvdfan001

Thx, now it is working fine

Board footer