Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-30 18:42:18

kishw

Checking Installation

Okay for each plugin 'sysinfo' will show the current version number of the installed plugin but with several plugins required and downloads of updates available it gets somewhat tedious to check that one has all the latest installed and running.

Is there such thing, if not would it be possible to create one, as a script or standalone app that can be used to check ones installation and list the plugin installed an their version numbers and compare them with the latest updates available for download.

My other problem is installing the plugins is a bit old fashioned method (takes me back to the days of DOS3), is there any reason why the installation cannot be done from an exe that can check the installation against the existing files and update those that are required without the user having to manually navigate and copy files to the appropriate locations ?

I assume that these questions must have been asked previously, so forgive me for being repetitive, but I have found any answers yet ?

#2 2015-09-30 23:30:25

rod barbee
Website

Re: Checking Installation

sounds like an opportunity for someone with scripting skills and who is also versed in both Windows and Mac. wink
(I think Matt's addressed this before, but I couldn't find it with a search)

I can understand that when frequent updates are arriving that this can be frustrating. Since I do a bunch of testing for Matt, I quite frequently am updating to newer versions. I guess I'm used to it at this point. I even have a shortcut on my desktop to the installation folder so I won't have to navigate to it all the time.
At this point, it only takes me a few seconds to update versions. Lots of practice I guess (approaching Malcomb Gladwell's 10,000 hours threshold perhaps?)

Though one can look at the change logs, having an easily accessible list of the current versions of CE4 plugins would be handy. So I've just added such a list to my ttg-tips site.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer