Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-28 03:45:42

samosa

How do I update the gallery index page design?

I'm a new user using CE4 Web Publisher package. I've used Pages, and Gallery to produce the design and I'm using AutoIndex and the Publisher bit of Lightroom.

I've finally got something resembling a website up and running, but I want to chance the design of the gallery index page. I've made the changes in AutoIndex, and copied the resultant exported files into the "ttg-be>templates" area of the server.

The changes I've made don't appear.

Presumably I need to copy the changes from the auto-index template somewhere? Do I copy it to the Pages template in Lightroom and republish? Or to the Gallery template in Lightroom and republish? Or something else?

#2 2015-09-28 07:08:53

rod barbee
Website

Re: How do I update the gallery index page design?

If you're referring to the Galleries page of Pages, make the changes in Pages, export, and upload.

If not, please provide a link so we have something to look at.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-09-29 06:30:47

samosa

Thanks Rod. I'm getting there, but very slowly.

One of the problems I have is that if I want to make a slight incremental change to the design of my website (I'm not referring to adding images, I just mean the design), then I don't know whether I'm supposed to be making changes to Pages, Galleries, Auto-Index or all three.

I made the changes in Pages as you suggested and exported, but then wasn't clear on which of the exported files and folders I should be uploading.

For example the export creates a folder called "galleries" with "custom-thumbnails", index.php, and gallery.xml. However, the equivalent folder on my server (previously exported from the design that I want to change) also contained folders that seemed to be automatically created when I published some albums via Publisher in LR. So I deliberately didn't overwrite that folder for fear of losing too much. As a non-expert, I'm not comfortable trying to guess which files and folders to upload and which should overwrite existing files/folders.

Your advice partially worked in that it has changed the design of the galleries page (I wanted two wide thin columns on the galleries page, and that is what I've got), but I seem to have lost the images that represent each album.

www.martinchamberlain.com

Thanks for your help.

#4 2015-09-29 06:55:32

rod barbee
Website

I made the changes in Pages as you suggested and exported, but then wasn't clear on which of the exported files and folders I should be uploading.

When in doubt, upload everything (you don't need to upload the galleries folder).
But as far as what you need to upload, that all depends on the changes you're making. I've addressed this a few times recently here on the forum, here's just one of those threads: http://community.theturninggate.net/top … home-page/

Your advice partially worked in that it has changed the design of the galleries page (I wanted two wide thin columns on the galleries page, and that is what I've got), but I seem to have lost the images that represent each album.

You're using the Iconic layout and the the albums on the page are being represented by random thumbnails drawn from each album's respective thumbnails/ folder. If you want a specific image to represent each album I suggest creating custom thumbnails large enough to fill the space that the iconic layout creates.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … uts#iconic
and on album thumbnails: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … thumbnails

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer