Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-08 23:24:04

JosePR

CE4-CRG not working error "The client response gallery is currently

Error
"The client response gallery is currently unavailable
The feedback profile could not be found. Please contact the photographer for further assistance."

site address www.jprfoto.pt
CRG galery at www.jprfoto.pt/ttg-be/templates/gallery
all passwords originals so that you van check

Can anybody help?

#2 2015-09-08 23:35:48

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4-CRG not working error "The client response gallery is currently

the link to your CRG gallery template is incorrect. That's just the folder you uploaded it to.

Also, any CRG you have in the ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder would be a non-publisher managed stand-alone gallery. You would need to fill in the name of a feedback profile in the Appearance control pane under Client Response Setup.

But this really doesn't matter at this point since the CRG is in the templates/gallery/ folder and is not intended as a working gallery but rather as a template for Publisher and/or your client managed log-in page.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-09-08 23:54:16

JosePR

Hi Rod
Thanks for your answer
I only want to use CE4-CRG, I publish using FTP "FileZila"
The complete link is
www.jprfoto.pt/ttg-be/templates/gallery/1

You said "You would need to fill in the name of a feedback profile in the Appearance control pane under Client Response Setup"
This was left at the default "crg-default"

Questions:
#1 where should I place my customer galleries?
can they be in www.jprfoto.pt/fb/c1  changing "c1" to "c2" etc. for different customers?

#2 do I have to create a new profile name in the Appearance control pane under Client Response Setup?

#3 Can I use password protected folders instead of just passwords in LR setup? (I do not want webcrawlers looking at my photos before they are selected by the customer. I did this in CE3-CRG and it worked fine).

Regards

#4 2015-09-09 00:11:33

rod barbee
Website

It looks to me that you've not enable feedback in the LR plug-in

crg-feedback.jpg

#1 where should I place my customer galleries?
can they be in www.jprfoto.pt/fb/c1  changing "c1" to "c2" etc. for different customers?

yes

#2 do I have to create a new profile name in the Appearance control pane under Client Response Setup?

No.
To be clear, in the CRG plug-in in Lightroom, under Appearance > Client Response Setup, you're not creating a feedback profile,you're choosing it.
If you want a customized feedback profile you create that in the Client Response Admin area of TTG-BE
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … back_setup

#3 Can I use password protected folders instead of just passwords in LR setup? (I do not want webcrawlers looking at my photos before they are selected by the customer. I did this in CE3-CRG and it worked fine).

Password protection will need to be enabled in the Output Settings control pane for each gallery, just like in CE3

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-09-09 00:24:09

rod barbee
Website

You said "You would need to fill in the name of a feedback profile in the Appearance control pane under Client Response Setup"
This was left at the default "crg-default"

it should just be "default" in that field of the plug-in
You'll see "crg-default" in the CRG settings area of CRG admin in ttg-be.

Back to the template you've uploaded to /ttg-be/templates/gallery/. If you're not using Publisher, then you really don't need to upload anything to that folder. That template is used for the customer-facing log-in pages if you're using the CRG Client Management features, which require Publisher.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-09-09 01:15:03

JosePR

Hi Rod

Enable image selection and enable feedback, has been always selected.
The real problem was the "feedback profile name" it was left at crg-default.
I changed it to "default" as you instructed and it is working.
This problem was resolved, many thanks.

I still have 2 questions

#1 how can I alter the report I get by email, because it has too many fields, that I do not need?

# 2 performance of CE4-CRG. Inspite of Matthew saying he spend an enormous amount of time optimizing it is really very very slow and I am woring on a PC top of the line, 6 cores, 32Gb RAM, 3 SSDs for boot, LR files and LR Dbase. It is so slow and I am only testing with a collection of 7 photos.
Any insights into this?

I have 1 suggestion
Please make tutorial videos and a proper manual, I lost so much time with this setup

Once again thanks for your help

#7 2015-09-09 01:20:03

rod barbee
Website

#1 how can I alter the report I get by email, because it has too many fields, that I do not need?

set up the feedback fields in Lightroom under the Appearance control pane. You can also configure other fields in the Feedback Settings area of the CRG Admin in ttg-be
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … back_setup

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2015-09-09 01:22:59

rod barbee
Website

# 2 performance of CE4-CRG. Inspite of Matthew saying he spend an enormous amount of time optimizing it is really very very slow and I am woring on a PC top of the line, 6 cores, 32Gb RAM, 3 SSDs for boot, LR files and LR Dbase. It is so slow and I am only testing with a collection of 7 photos.
Any insights into this?

nothing specific. While not super fast, it all seems to work fine on my pc with a similar set up, except that I don't have SSDs.
How large are the image renditions you've set in Output settings? You could try making these small for your designing phase.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-09-09 01:42:59

rod barbee
Website

I have 1 suggestion
Please make tutorial videos and a proper manual, I lost so much time with this setup

have you seen the tutorials (and one general setup video) under "Courses" near the top of the Documents page?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-09-09 02:08:35

rod barbee
Website

# 2 performance of CE4-CRG.

Also, using the Freewall Masonry layout can slow things down.

Even so, I just loaded a gallery with 15 images and set the Large Image rendition to it's maximum and the thumbnail renditions to 300px wide. Seems to work pretty quickly.

One thing I've found with Lightroom is that it can be a memory hog. Sometimes, after working in it for awhile, things slow down. Especially the Web Module. The Task Manager will show over 2 Gbytes of RAM being used. Often, just closing and restarting Lightroom will help.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2015-09-09 07:57:12

JosePR

Hi Rod
Many thanks for your answers.
Yes I read all the pages and saw the video, but instructions are very confusing if customer only uses CRG, which is my case
I have been using TTG since 2008, I made my site using the very first scripts and adapted my naming to the accepted rules pre CE4, ie using "." as a valid character.

All this time I have been using CE3-CRG for feedback from customers. When my host company went bust I changed to a new host and emails stopped working. Checked with Matt and upgraded to CE4. Only to have the same problem.I finally sorted out email problems with the new host.

but.... there is always something wrong

In CE4 you changed the files naming and made the "." an illegal character.
The problem is that all of my 90.000+ files have "." in the name ie JPR_SPTV_205.3956.nef
This means that everytime I need to use CRG with old files I need to rename them, which is not an easy thing to do in LR.

Do you have a solution for this?????

#12 2015-09-09 08:11:53

rod barbee
Website

In CE4 you changed the files naming and made the "." an illegal character.

the . in file names has never been a web friendly way of file naming, other than to denote where the file extension starts. This has been true for TTG stuff as long as I can remember from pre CE to CE2 file naming advice and CE3 fiie naming advice, and of course, CE4.

(oh, and it's not me, I can't take any credit for TTG development, all that goodness comes from Matt and Ben)

The period in file names can definitely mess up javascript and php. So the only advice I can offer is to rename your files.

I think John Beardsworth's Search and Replace plugin can do this.
Here's his post about renaming files in lightroom: http://www.beardsworth.co.uk/complex-fi … d-replace/

There used to be a great plug-in for file naming by Rob Cole, but he has seemed to disappear from the face of the internet and that plug-in is no longer available. But you might be able to find another plug-in.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer