Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-08 16:22:32

geoffhlbuzz

Broke before the first fence ...

For familiarisation I am converting an existing MAMP site to add CART.
The Cart folder has been added to ttg-be.  Pages has been updated to incorporated Cart.  An existing gallery has been updated to include Cart.
ttg-be/admin starts normally and validates current versions of Publisher, CRG and ttg be.
When I access the Cart admin (to start the set-up process) I get the following:
Notice: Constant THICK_LINE already defined in /Users/Geoff/Websites/lbgcseniors/ttg-be/framework/config/config.php on line 75

Notice: Constant THIN_LINE already defined in /Users/Geoff/Websites/lbgcseniors/ttg-be/framework/config/config.php on line 76
session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /Users/Geoff/Websites/lbgcseniors/ttg-be/framework/config/config.php:75)|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'session_start()...', '/Users/Geoff/We...', 64, Array) #1 /Users/Geoff/Websites/lbgcseniors/ttg-be/framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(64): session_start() #2 /Users/Geoff/Websites/lbgcseniors/ttg-be/framework/init.php(95): AuthHelper::handleSession() #3 /Users/Geoff/Websites/lbgcseniors/ttg-be/cart/index.php(22): require_once('/Users/Geoff/We...') #4 {main}|URL: /lbgcseniors/ttg-be/cart/index.php

Any suggestions as to the way forward?

#2 2015-08-08 17:43:38

Ben

Re: Broke before the first fence ...

Hi Geoff,  these are notices that should not be output to the browser.  Both TTG BE and the Cart explicitly disable reporting of notices with this line:

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE)

Two options to fix this:

* Upgrade to the latest version of Cart, 3.1.2 (which adds extra checks before the two defines so that notices would not be generated if enabled)
* If that still doesn't help (though it should), figure out why your MAMP is reporting notices to the browser.

#3 2015-08-08 20:17:23

geoffhlbuzz

Hi Ben,

It is a new purchase/installation which is identified as 3.1.2 in the Readme.txt file.

MAMP is also the latest version - any tips as to where to look for the problem?

Regards

Geoff

#4 2015-08-08 20:37:59

geoffhlbuzz

Hi Ben,

Problem overcome.

In MAMP under the PHP tab there is the option to Log Error to screen and to file.   To screen was checked and has been unchecked.
I now get the Cart Admin as expected.

Should there be any cause for concern that the error messages are still being created and are going to file?

Regards

Geoff

#5 2015-08-08 22:13:42

Ben

Hi Geoff, I've since realised that the check to avoid that notice is in TTG BE code that is not yet released (and likely won't be released, since we only update TTG BE for critical changes).  There should be no harm in notices being generated.  All of our code suppresses them.  I'm surprised that a web server's PHP settings can override those made in PHP pages.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've worked it out.  I use MAMP for all of my cart and publisher development and testing, so it should be a very safe platform to run TTG code.

Board footer