Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-01 06:37:53

tbyrdphoto
Website

CE4 Client Response Gallery not saving feedback in browser-

Im not sure if this would be a CRG or Publisher issue but I have a client saying the feedback isn't saving when she is leaving the browser or closing and reopening the page with the gallery.  What exactly are the requirements for "saving" feedback and coming back to it later?  Is there a time limit?  Different browser issues?     

When I tested this it seemed to work ok on my computer but Im not sure if different conditions make a difference on how it saves.

I hope I am clear as to what I am asking.......

#2 2015-08-01 06:45:19

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Client Response Gallery not saving feedback in browser-

the requirements are that the album is created with Publisher AND that you've enable Client Response Management under the Integration tab of the Create/Edit Album dialog.

if that's not it, be sure to post a link to a problem album and provide guest access to ttg-be

If you haven't seen this yet, it explains the deployment options: http://theturninggate.net/2015/02/clari … e-gallery/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-08-01 06:57:27

tbyrdphoto
Website

ok - I am not seeing the 'integration tab'.  Where is this please? In the LR  WEB  module? or in publisher?

#4 2015-08-01 07:02:44

rod barbee
Website

In Publisher. Right click on an album and choose edit (or create a new album). There are four tabs in the dialog box. Intgration is one of them.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-08-01 07:32:31

tbyrdphoto
Website

If your talking about the area in published services in lightroom where TTG CE4 Publisher sits, I have no albums there..  they are uploaded to my FTP server...   there is no Integration tab in my  TTG CE4 Publisher in LR Published Services tab -

If this is not the place you mean for me to look, could you be more specific please...  this is proving difficult enough top set up correctly for me.

here is the latest test gallery I posted...

http://tbyrdgallery.com/tbyrd/publisher/photos/

#6 2015-08-01 07:48:20

rod barbee
Website

You've got an exported and uploaded client response gallery. You won't have the Client Management features with an exported and uploaded gallery (where you're client can log in, make selections, close the browser, and then come back later.)

To get those features you need to be using CE4 Publisher to create the albums. See the deployment options post I linked above.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-08-01 07:51:33

tbyrdphoto
Website

I have publisher installed - its on my server, through my lightroom - I guess I am not understanding why its not connected to the published galleries....   I have the APY key verified, etc.....

#8 2015-08-01 07:57:31

rod barbee
Website

the gallery you linked was not created by Publisher, it therefore cannot be managed by Publisher. And therefore cannot use the Client Management features of CRG

Publisher can only interact with what it's created. So if you export and upload a gallery to your clients/ folder, Publisher can't "see" it.

on creating albums: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ith_albums

be sure to first upload a gallery template though: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _templates

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-08-01 08:02:06

tbyrdphoto
Website

OMG - this is so convoluted and confusing!

#10 2015-08-01 08:17:43

rod barbee
Website

not really.
Export and upload a CRG to /ttg-be/templates/gallery/

In Lightroom, go to Publisher and create an album. Select the template you just uploaded to ttg-be/templates/gallery/.  Go through all the tabs and make necessary settings.
Add images to the album and click on Publish.

You of course don't have to use Publisher. Only if you want those additional client management features.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2015-08-01 08:48:28

rod barbee
Website

here's a video on using Publisher that Matt made awhile back. It's based on the previous version (CE3) so doesn't include ttg-be, but the concepts are the same:
http://theturninggate.net/2013/03/effic … publisher/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2015-08-01 08:55:29

tbyrdphoto
Website

ok - ----  now while trying to upload a 'gallery'....  i get this error:    Error uploading rendition.

Unable to complete the action.

Headers:  {     [error] =>  {         [errorCode] => "networkConnectionLost"        [name] => "The network connection was lost."        [nativeCode] => -1005
    }
}

When I upload the other way, without publisher, there is not a network error....   any ideas?

#13 2015-08-01 09:09:03

rod barbee
Website

That will likely be an error Ben will have to look at

Double check the authentication, looks like you should be using this for the API URL:
http://tbyrdgallery.com/tbyrd/ttg-be/publisher/

is your top level gallery really "publisher"?

I took a look at your ttg-be area. Your version of Publisher is very outdated. You're using 2.2.1. The current version is 2.3.0a

your version of CRG is also outdated. The current version is 6.1.0

You should update both of these

Update instructions are contained in the Change Logs for both Publisher and CRG. These are found on the main docs page.
(they should also be included in the readme files you'll get when you download the updates)

You can either use the links in the original email or any of the update notification emails or you can go the Order page: https://theturninggate.fetchapp.com/orders

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#14 2015-08-01 09:17:39

tbyrdphoto
Website

the API is correct - top level would be 'galleries' 

http://www.tbyrdgallery.com/tbyrd/ttg-b … /galleries

Dunno about cep and CGD updates - i guess thats one more thing to add to the mountain of things I will need to do to make this plugin work ......

I'll have to put this aside for the moment as I have way too much retouching to do.......

thanks for your help....  I'm sure I'll be back to asking questions once I get time to mess with this again....

#15 2015-08-01 10:03:42

rod barbee
Website

ok. But the link you posted earlier is in a folder named "publisher". "galleries" does not appear in the path.

also, the galleries folder should be at the same server level as ttg-be. right now you have it in /ttg-be/publisher/galleries. You shouldn't be adding folders to the publisher/ folder

so your site structure should be:

tbyrdgallery.com/tbyrd/ttg-be
tbyrdgallery.com/tbyrd/galleries

have you been through this tutorial: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php?id=ce4_104

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2015-08-01 11:29:33

tbyrdphoto
Website

Thanks Rod - I'll have another look at the paths and the video - With ALL of the various facets that it takes to make this work i have surely missed a few things.

#17 2015-08-01 11:39:51

tbyrdphoto
Website

ok - I changed the paths as you suggested---  this is what published, but its not the complete image gallery - there should be about 200 images and the information payne I wrote that normally appears near the header is there either.....   this must be due to the error you said Ben should look into.......???

http://tbyrdgallery.com/tbyrd/galleries/new_wg_s1/

#18 2015-08-01 13:02:18

rod barbee
Website

Albums do not automatically contain the text you supplied in the template. There are options to include it under the Page Content tab in the Edit/Create Album dialog.

as to the number of pictures, did you try republishing the ones that didn't make it? You could be coming up against a php upload limit. Were there any error messages?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2015-08-02 02:52:12

tbyrdphoto
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Albums do not automatically contain the text you supplied in the template. There are options to include it under the Page Content tab in the Edit/Create Album dialog.

as to the number of pictures, did you try republishing the ones that didn't make it? You could be coming up against a php upload limit. Were there any error messages?

so basically, the templates from the CRG module are almost useless since I have to recreate new information every time I build a new album.  The great thing about the CRG was i built the template and created galleries with ease....

#20 2015-08-02 03:03:50

rod barbee
Website

so basically, the templates from the CRG module are almost useless since I have to recreate new information every time I build a new album.

Not at all. Read again what I wrote. You can include in any albums the text you included in the template. You just need to choose that option when creating the album.

The great thing about the CRG was i built the template and created galleries with ease....

You can still create galleries with ease. Templates are mainly so that you will have the exact same design in every Publisher album you create. Some people want standardized text in each album. Some people what to supply unique text to each album. With the options supplied in Publisher, you can do either.

I suspect we may be talking about two different things. In the Lightroom Web Module there is a Template Browser on the left hand side. These are used to save your design settings for use in Lightroom.
When we talk about templates in the context of Publisher, those are exported galleries that are uploaded to the /ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder
(see Publisher documentation: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _templates )

When creating an album in Publisher, the template you're choosing is the gallery you uploaded to the /ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder and any text you include in that gallery will be available to your albums through the controls in the Page Content tab of the Create/Edit Album dialog.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#21 2015-08-02 03:54:15

tbyrdphoto
Website

ok - now when I load a gallery 2 things are happening:

1-  I seem to only be able to load galleries with 50 or less images...   if I try more images in a gallery [or album] I get the previous error message stated above, regardless of what the preference tab is set to in Base Settings.

2- when a smaller published album is up, online and I go to the active link it jumps to the admin access page....????  Its not showing the actual gallery now.  The difference is I chose managed my admin instead of stand alone. 

see here:  http://tbyrdgallery.com/tbyrd/galleries/tova3

Last edited by tbyrdphoto (2015-08-02 03:54:45)

#22 2015-08-02 04:47:34

rod barbee
Website

That's the Client Management at work. You need to create a client in the Client portion of the ttg-be CRG area and log into the album with the credentials you'll created for that client.
You can also access the album if you're logged into ttg-be as Admin

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#23 2015-08-02 05:52:32

tbyrdphoto
Website

any idea how I can get complete image collections ( 50 or more) loaded into the albums?

#24 2015-08-02 05:53:38

tbyrdphoto
Website

I need to load 21 different galleries with images ranging from 50 to 200 images per gallery.

#25 2015-08-02 07:27:27

rod barbee
Website

might be a server timeout issue. Ben will probably need to see the logs. See this from the Publisher docs:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer