Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-27 21:27:19

eveall

subcategories

Hey,

Is it possible to make subcategories?  I was hoping to go one folder down.  For example, some pictures are in pics, others are in pics/nature.  I thought i could add the address to the slug portion when creating the cart but it changes the back slash to a hyphen.  Do i need to create a whole new publishing service in the new folder?

#2 2015-06-27 22:26:51

rod barbee
Website

Re: subcategories

I thought i could add the address to the slug portion when creating the cart

not sure what you mean here. The cart is only installed in ttg-be, there are no subfolders for the cart

If you're referring to albums then use album sets to create sub-indexes for albums

pics   (main index0
     nature  (album set)
          flowers (album)
          animals (album)
     travel  (album set)
           Europe (album)
           USA   (album)

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … album_sets

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-06-28 03:09:28

eveall

Ah, yes, that's what I mean, so it would be subsets of an album.  Got it.

Another question, if you want to make one subset of an album password protected, how do you go about doing that?

#4 2015-06-28 03:28:35

eveall

When i create an album set, i can't see it on my server?  Why not?

#5 2015-06-28 03:48:26

eveall

So i scrapped album set because it looks like that deals with auto index, and i don't have time to create another template.  I just want the albums i create to be down a level on the server.  So different pictures are in subfolders on my server.  Is this not possible?  I tried to create another album set down a level but that doesn't seem to work either, i can't see the page.

#6 2015-06-28 04:15:59

rod barbee
Website

Myes, for album sets you need to create a template from autoindex.

You can create an album set without using a template, but as you've seen your ttg page won't see it because it wasn't created with a ttg template.

creating an autoindex template with the same design as your albums is easy and should only take a few minutes:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _templates

Another question, if you want to make one subset of an album password protected, how do you go about doing that?

you can't create "sub-sets" of albums. You need to use album sets and place albums inside of those.

You can password protect either or both albums and album sets. Enable the feature in the Lightroom plug-ins (Output Settings) and set usernames and passwords when creating albums or album sets in Publisher. Look at the options under the Features tab.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-06-28 05:42:23

eveall

Thanks for the template tip.  Wish i saw that before.  So i made an autoindex template.

Now there's a grey box with the links.  I don't want that.  I have the links in my page copy.  How do i get rid of the links to the subset album pages present in the template?

#8 2015-06-28 07:06:43

eveall

Alright, so i'm assuming that's not possible.  I've delved into using the auto index for it's intended purpose.  What settings control the font size and line spacing of the album title and album info on the thumbnail?

Another question, how can you custom sort the thumbnails?

Last edited by eveall (2015-06-28 08:30:33)

#9 2015-06-28 08:41:33

Ben

eveall wrote:

Now there's a grey box with the links.  I don't want that.  I have the links in my page copy.  How do i get rid of the links to the subset album pages present in the template?

I can't tell what you're referring to.  Can you point us to a gallery or provide a screenshot of this?

#10 2015-06-28 08:50:48

eveall

It was just the default album info and description that was popping up as the link to the page.  But that's OK, i've moved on to actually use it.

But i can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust the album title font size and the spacing, or how to custom sort the albums.  Any ideas?

Last edited by eveall (2015-06-28 08:51:49)

#11 2015-06-28 09:17:15

rod barbee
Website

Sort albums by slug name. If you need them in specific order then pretend the names with numbers:
001-some-album
002-another-album

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2015-06-28 09:24:56

rod barbee
Website

you can control the font-color in Appearance > the Autoindex > color and color:hover

choose font in Site Info > Typography. Choose base font size, color, and font family. This will be the font for the whole page.

If you want a different font or different line spacing you'll need to use custom css: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … custom_css

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer