Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-12 23:06:14

LJR69

Which TTG product do I need for this?

For a large corporate event I am using TTG CE3, although for 2016 I'll be moving to CE4. In particular I use Publisher, Gallery, and Pages.

I have received two new requirements.

The first is that certain photos (containing our CEO) need to be reviewed and approved and I should receive a notification of which ones I can then use and publish - which plugin is best suited to that? The second is I have a requirement from the attendees that they would like to 'select' photos within a gallery and then perform a bulk download. Is there a plugin that will allow that? Note they don't purchase images, just select and download. Sounds like both requirements could perhaps be covered by one of the plugins?

Thanks in advance

#2 2015-06-12 23:16:20

rod barbee
Website

Re: Which TTG product do I need for this?

The first is that certain photos (containing our CEO) need to be reviewed and approved and I should receive a notification of which ones I can then use and publish - which plugin is best suited to that?

CE4 Client Response Gallery

The second is I have a requirement from the attendees that they would like to 'select' photos within a gallery and then perform a bulk download. Is there a plugin that will allow that?

There's no function for selecting images and downloading the selections in bulk. They could download them individually though.
This can also be done with CE4 CRG.
With CRG they can also make their selections and then use the "hide unselected" option from the Status Bar. This way they'll see just those images they've selected and can download them one at a time.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-06-12 23:27:21

LJR69

Thanks Rod - they do download them individually today. They just wanted a method that allows them to select and download in one go.

Okay, so Client Response Gallery for the review and approvals. Have you used this? Can I create albums, or some kind of grouping with the response gallery? For example all CEO photos with guests would be one grouping, all CEO photos on the stage, would be another - each would contain multiple images. Is that kind of thing possible?

#4 2015-06-13 00:24:40

rod barbee
Website

LJR69 wrote:

Okay, so Client Response Gallery for the review and approvals. Have you used this? Can I create albums, or some kind of grouping with the response gallery? For example all CEO photos with guests would be one grouping, all CEO photos on the stage, would be another - each would contain multiple images. Is that kind of thing possible?

Yes. You can create as many albums or galleries as you like. You can group them in an Autoindex so they have one point of entry where they choose which album to look at.

Further, if you're also using Publisher, your clients will be able to log in to their albums, make initial choices, and come back later to finish selections (these are CRG managed albums).
More here on the deployment options: http://theturninggate.net/2015/02/clari … e-gallery/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-06-14 12:19:40

Matthew
Administrator
Website

FYI, you can get everything Rod is talking about -- Client Response Gallery, Publisher and Auto Index -- at a discounted price by purchasing the CE4 Client Proofing Bundle.
http://shop.theturninggate.net/collecti … ing-bundle

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2015-06-15 22:58:38

LJR69

Thanks Rod

Matthew - do I already have Auto-Index as part of the bundle I have which has Publisher in? I think that's what's used to create container albums isn't it?

Thanks both

#7 2015-06-15 23:11:59

rod barbee
Website

If you bought the Publisher bundle, then yes. But check the Web Module in Lightroom to see if it shows up under Layout Style

(it's used to create Album Sets as well as stand-alone autoindexes)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer