Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-26 22:30:26

charking
Website

Album Description appearing in place of Sequence

I have completed my web site redesign and have implemented it using Publisher. this is my first time using Publisher, and I am very impressed by it. I should have started using it years ago. However (there's always a "however" on sites like this), the album description for the first gallery I published is now showing up as the information (circle i) in the Galleria slide show for each gallery. My design, using this first gallery as the test bed, called for the sequence number to be displayed as the information. Publisher was not implemented until after I had finalized my design; testing was done using ftp to upload the code and the first gallery was deleted off the web site and then published.

the web site is www.charking.com.

Another unrelated question (and not as important): how can I control the sequence of the galleries appearing on the Galleries page?

#2 2015-05-26 22:52:01

rod barbee
Website

Re: Album Description appearing in place of Sequence

the album description for the first gallery I published is now showing up as the information (circle i) in the Galleria slide show for each gallery

this is normal. Click on the Info icon to see the image info overlay. You're Galleria slide shows look like their working normally to me.

My design, using this first gallery as the test bed, called for the sequence number to be displayed as the information.

Do you mean the the sequence number that usually shows up on the right hand side? Make sure that showCounter is checked in Galleria settings

Otherwise, make sure you're using the correct tokens in Output Settings > Publisher Setup > Metadata in your template
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ata_tokens

Another unrelated question (and not as important): how can I control the sequence of the galleries appearing on the Galleries page?

albums are sorted in standard alpha-numeric order. So just change the album slugs to reflect the order you want:

001-your-album-name
002-another-name
003-my-album

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-05-26 23:59:25

charking
Website

Re: Album Description appearing in place of Sequence

Thanks, Rod. All is fixed now. Not having used Publisher before, I had ignored that section of the template; so it defaulted to the first album name and description, not what I wanted.

I have also reordered my galleries.

Publisher does make life easier.

Board footer