Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-07 18:49:54

selo

Photo selling plugin

Hi I was looking for a photo selling plugin and found this website.

We do photoshoots and sell the pictures online. For example a photoshoot might have 30 to 40 pictures and the customer can pick the ones they want and buy it. I tries a plugin that makes a product from each photograph. But the problem is that if you have like 50 customers with all 30 pictures you will have like 1500 products in woocommerce. A web developer told me that after 1500 products woocommerce gets very slow. Also it doesn't look very neat to see the pictures as a product.

I use a gallery plugin from foogallery it makes beautifull masonry style galleries (I think CE4 gallery does the same?). I would like to use this to make a page for the customer with their pictures (password protected). So step by step it should be something like this:

1- I put the pictures as a gallery on a password protected page.
2- I create a contact form where the customer could write the pictures numbers, and hit send.
3- I get an email with the list and send them the pictures

This is how it goes atm. This is how i want it:
1- I put the pictures as a gallery on a password protected page.
2- All the pictures will have a button with choose photo
3- Customer click this button and the photo numbers will be written in a list
4- When they are done there will be a list of all the photo numbers they picked and the amount should be displayed as well. So lets say they picked 20 pictures.
5- Under the list there should be a button add to cart. This will put the pictures in the woocommerce cart and customer can pay for it directly.
6- If possible the cart should show the product as, digital photo 20x. This way any coupon codes would work (for example if you do something like first 15 pictures are free)
7- I get the order and process it.

What plugins do I need to realize this? I do own lightroom, but can it be realized without lightroom?

#2 2015-05-07 19:05:47

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Photo selling plugin

We offer a couple of solutions for different approaches to this sort of thing.

Using CE4 Client Response Gallery, customers may make image selections and provide feedback in the form of options, ratings or comments, defined by the photographer. You receive this information via email and web-based admin, allowing you to process the images as you please.
Example: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/demos/ce4 … 1-ce4-crg/

Using CE4 Gallery + CE4 Cart, you can actually sell images online, either invoicing your customers (to collect payment later) or routing them through PayPal to collect payment online. This also supports image downloads. Images are not treated as individual products; rather, you would define a class of product. For example, "Fine-art prints", for which you would define options (print paper types, framing, or whatever; entirely custom). You would then publish a gallery of images, assigning the product class of "Standard Portrait" to the entire gallery (or you can set classes for individual images via image metadata.
Example: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/demos/01- … lery-cart/

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2015-05-07 19:39:58

selo

Sound good, few more questions:

- Is it possible to try the plugins?
- I sell other items also from our website, is it possible to use woocommerce cart instead of CE4 cart?
- How about discount coupons? or something like first 10 is for free
- Password protection?
- When using Cliens Response, how do you upload the images? Upload to wordpress or upload/publish from lightroom?
- With the Client response plugin, do I need the publisher plugin? Or is the publisher plugin just to publish from lightroom.
- When using the publisher for lightroom, where are the photos stored? Can i move them from my harddrive after i publish them?
- Will it work with Divi them from Eleghant Themes?

Last edited by selo (2015-05-07 19:44:31)

#4 2015-05-08 01:30:05

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Our galleries run in parallel to whatever else you have going on, so would be separate from your WordPress site. Meaning we do not care about your theme. Galleries provide flexible design options so that you should be able to approximate the appearance of your website within an acceptable degree for cohesive branding.

We do not offer trial versions.

You may not use Woocommerce instead of CE4 Cart. The CE4 system is completely self-contained.

CE4 Cart includes discounting features. For details:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _discounts

CE4 Gallery and Client Response Gallery both support password protection.

Gallery images are published from Lightroom and stored on your server. You should, of course, maintain your source images.

CE4 Publisher is not required, but is recommended. It allows you to do more, and improves efficiency of publishing and managing your galleries. It also helps to more easily facilitate gallery updates, re-designs, etc.

Matt

#5 2015-05-13 07:20:22

selo

I really want to try client response plugin, since it meets all my expectations but i have tried lots of plugins with the same thoughts. Eventually it didn't work and requested a refund. This is the only thing which is holding me back atm.

How do you upload the images into the client response gallery when you do not use the publisher? Can you use uploaded images in wordpress?

Last edited by selo (2015-05-13 07:25:04)

#6 2015-05-13 08:13:04

rod barbee
Website

If not using Publisher you export the gallery from Lightroom's Web Module and upload the entire gallery via FTP
The galleries don't interface with WordPress in any way. So no, you can't upload images with WordPress.

Keep in mind that CRG is not an Ecommerce gallery. For that you'll need CE4 gallery

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2015-05-13 08:31:25

selo

Is it possible to control the layout of the gallery? Is there like a masonry layour available?

#8 2015-05-13 10:15:27

rod barbee
Website

yes. See the sample galleries:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/demos/01-ce4-gallery/
CRG is based on CE4 Gallery. You'll have the options of CE4 Standard and Masonry with CRG
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php#ce4_gallery

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-05-13 13:09:42

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Our galleries offer more options for customization than probably anything else available anywhere. We're kind of insane like that.

As you already have a WordPress site, then the best way to get started with our system is probably the Client Proofing Bundle, which includes the Client Response Gallery, Publisher and Auto Index -- everything you need to create galleries in parallel to your existing website, and sold as a 15% discount over buying the same components separately.

You might like to check out Terry White's review of our products:
http://terrywhite.com/favorite-lightroo … -upgraded/

Matt

#10 2015-05-17 01:32:01

selo

One last Q before i buy it.

When you publish a gallery, can you manage the page where it has been published? Is there like a shortcode you could put anywhere on a page to display the gallery at?

#11 2015-05-17 01:35:53

rod barbee
Website

When you publish a gallery, can you manage the page where it has been published? Is there like a shortcode you could put anywhere on a page to display the gallery at?

No. You manage the page from Publish Services in Lightroom

The gallery and the page are really one in the same. So you can't just insert the gallery grid into an existing page

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2015-05-17 11:06:21

selo

Ok, can you add text to it to explain how it works and prices etc?

#13 2015-05-17 11:56:50

rod barbee
Website

Sure, take a look at the CE4 Gallery demo page for examples
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/demos/01-ce4-gallery/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#14 2015-05-17 21:44:18

selo

Nice, looks good.

When you add a gallery where are the images saved? On the website hosting right? So your PC doesn't have to stay on or something and i can move the images to a different hard drive right?

Last edited by selo (2015-05-17 22:39:16)

#15 2015-05-17 23:18:55

rod barbee
Website

All images are uploaded to the server.
But, if you need to make any changes you need to do that from lightroom and it will need access to the images (depending on the change you're making)
So yes, you can move the images to a different drive but you'll probably want to move them with Lightroom so it can find them later if needed.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2015-05-17 23:30:36

selo

Ok thx, just bought the client proofing bundle..

#17 2015-05-18 01:35:09

selo

Not sure if i should ask it here but here it goes.

So i bought the plugin and installed everything by following this page http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php?id=ce4_104

When trying to change password of ttg admin i get an error saying acces denied

The page you are trying to access is restricted due to a security rule.

If you believe the security rule is affecting the normal operation of your website, contact your host support team and provide detailed instructions how to recreate this error.
They will be able to assist you with rectifying the problem and adjusting the security configuration if needed.

Same happens when trying to assign albums to clients.

- Next thing i would like to know, is how do i display the gallery within my own wordpress theme?

#18 2015-05-18 01:57:50

rod barbee
Website

First, does your hosting conform to the stated TTG requirements found on all product pages?

Also, be sure to provide a link to your site so Ben will have something to look at.

Next thing i would like to know, is how do i display the gallery within my own wordpress theme?

TTG galleries do not work this way (see documentation). You can upload a gallery and link to it from your WordPress site.
You can also use Autoindex to create an index page for your galleries.
But you'll have to style the plug-ins to match your site or you could change your existing theme to TTG's Theme for WordPress and then redesign so that your them matches your galleries and indexes

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2015-05-18 02:06:14

selo

Hi, i use siteground as hosting not sure what u mean with the requirements

the site im working on is www.photographybybel.nl

#20 2015-05-18 02:18:41

rod barbee
Website

The hosting requirements that are stated on each product page:

System & Hosting Requirements

System

Mac or Windows PC, running Lightroom 3 or newer.

Hosting

Linux OS
Apache server
PHP 5.2.6 or newer, with SQLite and PDO modules enabled
WordPress 3.9.1 or newer

CE4 plugins are not standalone software, and require Lightroom to run. Content should be published to the Web, requiring a domain name and standard web hosting. Hosted website services such as those provided by LiveBooks, Squarespace, etc. do not qualify as standard web hosting and are incompatible with output from TTG plugins. For quality, affordable, TTG certified hosting, we fervently recommend Bluehost.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#21 2015-05-18 02:21:16

selo

So mine should work?

#22 2015-05-18 02:26:29

rod barbee
Website

I don't know. Check with your hosting to see.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#23 2015-05-18 02:55:04

selo

Ok, i have told them the problem and they are looking into it. They probably solve it.

When styling the page, the preview is not displaying the page as it does on the browser. Did i miss something while installing? Im using the client response layout, should i be using the auto index?

My goals is to make a page where the client would login and order the pictures they selected.

#24 2015-05-18 05:14:21

selo

i cant find a way to edit the page to add text into it. can i add text on top of a gallery with explanation on how to order?

#25 2015-05-18 05:36:07

rod barbee
Website

by default, you'll see the Plugin Quick Reference guide. Instructions for changing the view are near the top of this guide.

Add text in Color Palette > Page Copy
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ntent_area

If you're using Publisher, then add content in the Create/Edit Album dialog under the Content tab

Be sure to look through the documentation. Most of your questions can be answered there.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer