Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-29 03:11:04

clicio

CE2 Pages settings gone after installing CE4 CRG

Hi, fellows
I have purchased and correctly installed CRG CE4 to create galleries for my clients. (http://www.clicio.com.br/CRG/)
But...
My Website  (http://www.clicio.com.br) was all done in CE2 Pages.

Well, now after installing CE4 and TTG BE, I have lost all my CE2 Pages configuration inside Lightroom, even having created before a Gallery Collection for my safety.
It was working OK until yesterday; now it tries to open Pages as if it was created in CRG, and all my settings are gone.
I have tried my (many) backups, with no success.
I need CE2 Pages working as usual so I can admin my own website.
Can anyone advise on this problem?

Thanks in advance, Clicio

#2 2015-04-29 03:45:51

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE2 Pages settings gone after installing CE4 CRG

you shouldn't be losing any of your CE2 configurations unless you've somehow overwritten one of your user templates or you've applied a different web engine to the web collection that was using CE2 Pages.

Hopefully you've got a CE2 Pages template saved in the Template Browser that you can fall back on

CE4 CRG is just another web engine. Installing it has no effect on your existing CE2 Pages.
And ttg-be is an online component that doesn't directly interact with Lightroom

It sounds like you've applied CE4 CRG to the web collection you previously had CE2 Pages applied to.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-04-29 03:55:47

clicio

rod barbee wrote:

It sounds like you've applied CE4 CRG to the web collection you previously had CE2 Pages applied to.

Yes, it sounds this is the case.
If so, when I have no Template saved (only a web collection was saved), then there is no hope of getting the settings back once they were overwritten? Not in any of the Lightroom backups?
Bad news for me.

#4 2015-04-29 04:14:52

rod barbee
Website

then there is no hope of getting the settings back once they were overwritten? Not in any of the Lightroom backups?

I'm afraid not.
One problem with Lightroom generated backups is that they only back up the catalog. The folders containing your web engines, user templates, presets, etc. are not backed up by Lightroom. You have to do that yourself.
This seems a bit of an oversight to me, but who am I to say?

I use a scheduled backup software system to back up these files specifically just in cast something horrible happens. I've put too much work into it all to risk losing it.

The folders to back up depend on your operating system and they all live in the "Lightroom" folder
see this page to find out where that is in your OS: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … web_engine

I back up that entire Lightroom/ folder because it contain metadata presets, Export presets, all my web engines and web templates, develop presets, etc. And like I said, I've spent too much time on getting all that set up to risk losing it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-04-29 04:38:57

clicio

rod barbee wrote:

I use a scheduled backup software system to back up these files specifically just in cast something horrible happens. I've put too much work into it all to risk losing it.

Aha!
Me too.
I do have my settings (Lightroom folder inside Application Support, Mac OS X) all backed up.
So if I know exactly what file (or package) I do have to look after, I will give it a try.
Thanks, Clicio

#6 2015-04-29 05:51:18

Daniel Leu
Website

On my Mac, they are located in /Users/YOU/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Web Templates

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#7 2015-04-29 05:54:47

clicio

dl wrote:

On my Mac, they are located in /Users/YOU/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Web Templates

Yes, I know. I am asking if there is a special file inside this package with the CE2 settings.
Thanks!

#8 2015-04-29 06:12:20

rod barbee
Website

I am asking if there is a special file inside this package with the CE2 settings.

inside the Web Templates folder are any templates that come with Lightroom plus any templates you add plus any templates you save. Nothing is automatically placed there other than those that come with Lightroom.
So if you've created a user template of your CE2 Pages design, this is the folder it will be in.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer