Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-26 12:59:53

eveall

Albums appearing and disappearing

Alright, so i've used publisher to create seven albums today.  Only six appear when i'm assigning albums to clients.  When i republish the missing album under another name, it appears only to have one of the other albums disappear and the clients that were assigned to the original album (that has since disappeared) have been reassigned to the new album that has appeared.  Very confusing and frustrating.  I have tried to close down the browser, but it doesn't help.  What's going on?

#2 2015-04-26 13:06:09

eveall

Re: Albums appearing and disappearing

BTW, the albums that were supposed to have been deleted are still appearing in my assign to clients page.  This thread (http://community.theturninggate.net/top … ogin-page/) near the bottom has the details.  Obviously something wonky is going on.

#3 2015-04-26 13:48:25

eveall

Looks like somehow these two albums were linked.  I thought i'd delete one of them and recreate it.  When i deleted one, they were both missing from the assign album page and i could no longer update the existing from lightroom.  So deleted that one as well and recreated both and now they both appear.  And yes, the slugs for both those albus were unique.  Very strange indeed.

#4 2015-04-26 14:53:46

rod barbee
Website

If you are creating albums with publisher be sure to always delete them with publisher, not via FTP. Otherwise all sorts of badness and confusion will ensue.

Also, always include links to problem albums.

Be sure to enable guest access to TTG-be

See this page as well for Publisher related issues
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-04-26 21:08:25

eveall

I did use publisher to delete the albums.  Always do.  But those albums are still there.  Ben was going to go in the backend to delete them for me but they are still there.

#6 2015-04-26 21:21:19

Ben

Sorry, I'm not sure what happened regarding removing those albums.  I've just tried to login again, but it looks like the username and password you previously provided is no longer working.  Can you provide me with a login again?  I will look in the database to try and see what's happening with the assignable albums.

Board footer